• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Original Zenith to manifold gasket...

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Sounds like a real flyer. Great...

A dinner and beer the night before sounds very good & should be feasible. We are staying @ a nice little Hotel in the village close to the archive. I remember an excellent pub there with good steaks. Think we should work something out by email...

Never seen a Hartwell manifold in flesh. Wonder how many were built back in the day.

DCOE Weber's are good for top end & racing performance but for a fast road going alround street car I always prefer the Zenith's. Power is good ( if done properly), idle is extremely stable and they don't show that nasty induction roar. Never liked it...

Last edited:

Limey

Donation Time
Sounds like a real flyer. Great...

A dinner and beer the night before sounds very good & should be feasible. We are staying @ a nice little Hotel in the village close to the archive. I remember an excellent pub there with good steaks. Think we should work something out by email...

Hi Bernd,
I don't want to crash the party but it would be good to have chat. There are lots of things I don't know and I'd like to hear your experiences. Especially about carbs, cams and engines.

Cheers

Oliver

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Oliver, you are not going to crash the party. I would rather like you to join us . We never had the chance to talk much and you are very welcome to exchange views...

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Just to conclude the Zenith gasket topic:

The original gasket was mineral paper based and specified with 0.8mm thickness. Still wonder about that drawing in the spares book, but anyway. So in fact a good 1mm gasket would do the job...

Last edited: