• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Old Air Product Hurricane Mock Up for Sale

Bill Eisinger

Platinum Level Sponsor
For anyone contemplating installation of a new heat/AC system in an Alpine I have an Old Air Products Hurricane plastic mockup box that I'm done with. The Hurricane unit is a nice compact system that works great in an Alpine...modified of course.

$35 plus shipping...Old Air Products sells it new for about $100 with shipping.

Attachments

• IMG_2126.jpg
    IMG_2126.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2127.jpg
    IMG_2127.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2128.jpg
    IMG_2128.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 70

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
For anyone contemplating installation of a new heat/AC system in an Alpine I have an Old Air Products Hurricane plastic mockup box that I'm done with. The Hurricane unit is a nice compact system that works great in an Alpine...modified of course.

$35 plus shipping...Old Air Products sells it new for about $100 with shipping.
Bill I will buy it how do you want payment? Thanks! Paul

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Paul, factory mockups have to be superior to a modified cardboard box. It did tell me there was room if the factory heater was removed, but gave very few clues as to how to install it. As a result, I removed the plenum, turned it 180 degrees, only to discover a few weeks later that the stock arrangement would have worked better. That's pretty much the extent to my installation tips. Oh, the side discharge refrigerant is easier, but not as neat, as the rear discharge option.
Bill