• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Oil Pressure Relief Valve

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
That right there is what makes this club so great.

When I talked to Tom at the Invasion, he said he was carrying two more "in stock" with him. (I asked, because I brought him one, too.) I believe he's using the larger diameter version, with the pip on the bolt head.

Tom, are you using the "best of the lot" right now, or do you have a ready reserve to substitute in, now that you've "caught one in the act"?

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
sticky valve?

Hi Guys,
Been watching quietly,perhaps a bit Lucas oil additive will help, I ve never had any negative effects and I use it in a variety of applications.For $12 it may save the trip.
Jeff

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
Tracy, Thanks for the offer. I may take you up on it. I had to pull the PRV this morning and push it in an out a couple times, but then had no problem all day. Made it to Hope, BC. Tomorrow Vancouver and then Bellevue.

Ken , no I do not have a spare PRV with me . the one I have in was selected from my spares before I left and it was acting perfect for the 3 weeks prior to leaving for the Invasion.

I will fully resolve this when I get home.

Tom