• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Oil Pressure Pickup for Original Gauges

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
It seems likely that you are referring to the oil pressure sender, not the oil pickup.

If so, one solution is to adapt (plumping) the existing Alpine oil pressure sender to the Ford 2.8 engine block. If the Alpine oil pressure sender was working correctly with the Alpine engine and Alpine oil pressure gauge, it should continue to do so on the 2.8 engine.

The other solution is to find an oil pressure sender that screws into the 2.8 block and has the correct electrical resistance response to work with the Alpine oil pressure gauge. Everything I have seen suggests that Series Alpines used the 240 / 33 ohm Stewart - Warner standard, but ask three people and you will probably get four answers.

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
It appears the oil pressure gauge in my SV is a mechanical gauge, not an electronic one. As such there is no sender, but a tap at the block and a pressurized line that actually sends pressurized oil to the gauge in the dash. When I update the gauges on my alger project I will go with a sender and electronic gauge.