• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Oil Pan Plug - what size hex head wrench?

jack Bacon

Donation Time
My Series I engine requires a hex head wrench for the oil drain plug removal.
It looks to be 1/2" or a hair over. What is the correct size? Thanks for the help!

Regards,

Jack

Oops! Please move to Stock Alpine Forum

RootesRacer

Donation Time
My Series I engine requires a hex head wrench for the oil drain plug removal.
It looks to be 1/2" or a hair over. What is the correct size? Thanks for the help!

Regards,

Jack

Oops! Please move to Stock Alpine Forum

I had one that was 9/16.

Not sure if these are stock though since I see far more non "hex" oil plugs.

jack Bacon

Donation Time
Oil Pan Plug

The question is once I get the hex key plug out can I substitute a standard drain plug or need a special size.

Regards,

Jack

jack Bacon

Donation Time
Oil Pan Plug ; What size hex head?

Hi Scott,

Thanks a lot for the help. Will be doing a lot of upgrades on my car this winter so I'm sure I'll have alot of questions and be learning a lot.

Best regards,

Jack

jack Bacon

Donation Time
Oil Pan Plug -What size hex head wrench?

The engine is a Series I and it turns out that 9/16" was the correct size.

Thanks, Jack

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Guys,

So the correct size should be 9/16" thread with a hex head (socket) or cap screw (1/2" Allen key)? My Alpine (aluminium sump) has the cap screw as the drain plug. Which type of bolt head should it be :confused: ?

Thanks, Robin.