• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Oil cooler lines

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
If you need new oil cooler lines for your Alpine, I am having new ones made with all new fittings and hose. The cost will be $120.00 per pair plus shipping. I have a set on my car and I am having two pair made for a friend, so I thought that while my hose man has the fittings I would offer them to the Alpine people. I am not making any money on this, I just like to keep them on the road.:cool: Send me a email or call me with any questions 336-226-2139

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Will the hoses look like the originals? (i.e. with the fabric-like outer covering and alloy fittings?)

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
I have photos of the new oil cooler lines that I have had made up, but as always this site will not let me post them, this should not be so complicated.
Send me a email address and I will send info and pictures. Thanks

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
George, Are you going to the Greenville event ? If so will you have you new lines installed ? I'd like to see them. :cool:

Tom j

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
I will not be at the Greenville show but will be at the BCDS in Concord NC on the 14th. I will be at VIR this coming weekend for the Gold Cup Historic Races.
I will take some pictures of my Alpine lines on my car and post them if I can or send me a email address and I will send you some pics. :cool:

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
I hope here is some photos of the oil cooler lines!!! I tried agian and it would only let me load one picture, this is almost as worst as AOL pics Ha! They have none.

Well it was there when I sent it now its gone ? Sorry people

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
George, Are both connectors angled ? Or are you showing only the filter block end ? Also is the hose the same inside diameter ?
Thanks, Tom j

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
The picture you see is the filter block end and the other is streight, they are just like the factory lines. The hose is the same OD and ID as the factory stuff.

ForzaDesign

Donation Time
George,
Good stuff! Just a note to be a bit careful here. I have been down this path when I rebuilt my lines. Virtually all the off the shelf BSPP right angle fitting are taller than the original Rootes fittings. The only reason this is an issue is how close they run to the frame rails. This constant rubbing and chaffing is the cause of the failures. I ended up using the original fittings and having new line and ferrules installed.

Cheers,

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
The right angle pieces are just the right size and fit with out hitting the frame rail. I hope to have some pictures of my car and the lines in place soon. Thanks;)