• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Officer Elections: Update as of Feb. 23

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Here's where we stand on the upcoming officer elections:

President - potential candidates are current club VP Steve Silverstein or current upper midwest chapter president Jack Bacon.

Vice President - potential candidates are current club Secretary Steve Kirk or Jack Bacon.

Membership / Treasurer - there is some thought on splitting out these duties, with current Secretary Steve Kirk taking over the Treasurer position and current Membership director Rich Vose retaining membership duties. However, Rich cannot do this indefinitely, so a volunteer or two would be nice.

We've received inquiries from Paul Krog as well as "Green67Alpine" to help in any way.

Are there others? Soon we'll need to either set up a voting function on the board or simply "award" these positions by default to those who have raised their hand.

Speak up if interested!

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
I'll toss in for Membership director if you want to split the duties of the Treasurer/Membership guy

Tom j

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
The plans was to hold elections prior to the Invasion so we could transistion the new officers into their new positions at the Invasion. It is not a requirement for officers to attend the Invasion but this just seemed a good transistion time.

At this point in time we have no more than one person per officer position so there would simply be a transistion from the old to the new officers. We would like more volunteeers so please step up if you can help out and contact one of the club officers.

Steve

ceecpa

Donation Time
I'm a CPA in Virginia. I'll run for treasurer - but not membership director. So, if the positions are split that could be a good thing.

By the way, the treasurer's report in the newsletter has the debits and credits reversed - the current treasurer is using the bank's approach, not the club's viewpoint.

I'll provide financial statements that show assets, liabilities, revenues and expenses.

We're incorporated in Virginia, I think, and we should be filing as a Section 501 (c) (7) organization with the IRS. Are we current with required filings of our 990-E?

Chuck Edwards

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
If my dues were current, I'd vote for Chuck and the Fat Dog Garage (and I'd make the 990 available online). Not much money involved, but Scott and Rich could be sitting on a pile of cash. :D:D:D

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
I'm a CPA in Virginia. I'll run for treasurer - but not membership director. So, if the positions are split that could be a good thing.

By the way, the treasurer's report in the newsletter has the debits and credits reversed - the current treasurer is using the bank's approach, not the club's viewpoint.

I'll provide financial statements that show assets, liabilities, revenues and expenses.

We're incorporated in Virginia, I think, and we should be filing as a Section 501 (c) (7) organization with the IRS. Are we current with required filings of our 990-E?

Chuck Edwards

I vote for Chuck.

He knows all the big words. ;)

RootesRich

Donation Time

Chuck Edwards

Chuck, as I'm the current treasurer, would you please tell me what report in what newsletter you're referring to? I'd really like to know what you're looking at as the SAOCA has not published the Marque in a few years and I'm not aware my statements are being posted on the website. For the record, my reports look nothing like those published in the Marque.

John, I know you're making a joke, but I take exception to any comment suggesting I'm not forthcoming with financial info. I provide regular reports to the Officers with descriptions of income and expenses. I've purposely kept the SAOCA's finances transparent for the Officer's benefit to avoid any possible statements (or jokes like yours) that could lead to serious implications.

Regards to all,

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Rich, please do not be upset about such comments, it is easy for people to say things when they do not provide service.

I will make this short and sweet, make a donation and support the SAOCA (and the web site) and I will read the comments with some regard.

Andrew

Series3Scott

Platinum Level Sponsor

Chuck Edwards

Yes - I do it electronically and they send me notification that it's been approved.
The club is incorporated in Ohio.

RootesRich

Donation Time
Rich, please do not be upset about such comments, it is easy for people to say things when they do not provide service.

Andrew

Andrew, I'm not upset. As you know, I'm pretty thick skinned and can take a joke.

It's easy to make comments regarding the lack of financial info posted on the website until you take the time to think that this website and all its contents are open to ANYONE in the world to see. A few years ago, when we had locked down areas only accessible to Members, we posted my financial reports as well as member info. Now that we have no locked area, the Officers decided for safety's sake not post our financial statements. However, all the Officers do receive my reports so there is an element of transparency with my office. Scott and I aren't trying to hide anything from the SAOCA community, we're simply trying to protect ourselves from those outside our community lurking in the internet's dark alleys.

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
Yes, now is the time to speak up and participate in the club. I really urge anyone with an interest step forward. The club need volunteers at all levels. This is an opportunity to shape and mold the club for the upcoming years.

I really hate to see Rich and Scott step down since both have been such an asset to the club - without them this club would not have continued to exist. However, they have been involved for a very long time - am sure they could use a break!

Steve S.

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
Are there others? Soon we'll need to either set up a voting function on the board or simply "award" these positions by default to those who have raised their hand.

Speak up if interested!

At SUNI, I talked to Rich briefly about the officer thing. I do have some interest but I just don't think I could give an official position the attention it deserves.

That said; I would like to help out in some way, maybe assisting somebody if they get busy or something?

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
Rich: I was joking. Really.

Andrew:

Chuck: Since pro bono time has to the planned just like regular time...40 hours, little travel time, just start out with full blown tooth and nail audit. Scott doesn't seem worried. I'd interview him first.

I'M JOKING!

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
Yes, now is the time to speak up and participate in the club. I really urge anyone with an interest step forward. The club need volunteers at all levels. This is an opportunity to shape and mold the club for the upcoming years.

I really hate to see Rich and Scott step down since both have been such an asset to the club - without them this club would not have continued to exist. However, they have been involved for a very long time - am sure they could use a break!

Steve S.

What needs done most?

Series3Scott

Platinum Level Sponsor
What needs done most?

Time, talent, and money invested in a major overhaul of the entire website. The club has the money for software upgrades and such, but we really need someone willing to invest the hours, working with the club officers, in re-designing and improving the functionality of the website, including the forum.

Next would be some serious attention to growing the regional chapters, as well as hard discussions on the future of this club.

Discussion about starting up a real club "magazine" again.

Possible development of a concours judging manual and / or restoration guide for those desiring to return their cars back to some semblence of factory correct.

And so on.

It all takes lots of time and volunteers, as well as people contributing content.
I'm personally at a point right now where work is eating up all the hours, and I've been doing this for a long time - time for others to experience the joy.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
As mentioned earlier, I'm in for consideration for President, VP or a regional organizer. I know we have a West Coast section so if I wouldn't be stepping on toes I would like to develop Arizona and either Nevada or New Mexico under the West Coast banner.