• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

'OFF WITH IT'S HEAD'... Brain Tease Contest

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
I am supposed to be working...
To seperate rock, you have to use what is called a spoon or feather and hammer. Drive it in and then work the crack down until it splits. There are also some spreaders around that can go into small places but I would think that would gouge the aluminum. Unless you could slip a soft object in along with it.
wedge then spreader, etc.

Back to budgets.

agmason54

Donation Time
ELEVEN!!! The Aztecs would make a groove in a rock somehow with a harder rock I guess and force a dry wooden wedge into the groove. They would then soak the wood with water. The wood would then expand and split the rock.
I'm making you the WINNER!
This is how I did it....
The tool I used is a hard plastic wedge used for dislodging a stuck chainsaw bar pinched in a tree.The wedge would just fit under the front of the head. I beat it back as close as I could get it to the stud. The front of the head lifted up a few inches but the stud never let go at all. This is where the wedge turned into a fulcrum.At this point I stood on the front of the head and prayed to Archimedes.I jumped down on the head with all of my 200 lbs.The head rose about a half inch. I beat the wedge (fulcrum) again then got in one more jump and got another half inch.I tried to remove the whole head this way but I ran out of leverage.I got out my tiny hacksaw and sawed off the stud.
The only tools I used were a hammer, the chainsaw wedge and a hacksaw.
GOOD SHOW ELEVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks to all for playing along,
Al
The stud is still in the head but not for long....

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
Wow! You are better than I am. By day three I would have taken my 5lb sledge and beat the thing into submission and then posted looking for a new head...

Good puzzle, made the day shorter!!

Thanks!

agmason54

Donation Time
Tracy!
Here is your prize!
'SIR'*Geoffrey Tedder showed up at my house one day out of the blue to meet the nut in Lisbon with Sunbeams. He once rolled an Austin Healey while racing and landed on all four which makes him a legend in my book. I served him tea and he told me how when he was a boy a V1 rocket blew up his neighbors house causing the front door in his house to blow clear through the house and out the back. His father had a premonition and put his family in a bomb shelter seconds prior. I was thrilled to meet him. He later sent me some of pictures one of which is now yours.His car #53 was featured in Hemmings.He is one COOL Brit and a class act.
Please send me your address.
Later,
Al
agmason54@hotmail.com

* I added the SIR and called him 'Sir Geoffrey'
Shown are my tools including my shoe
last pic shows how high the wedge raised the head.

Attachments

• 102_6376 (Large).jpg
    102_6376 (Large).jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 102_6368 (Large).jpg
    102_6368 (Large).jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 102_6341 (Large).jpg
    102_6341 (Large).jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 44

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Heyyy, where did you get that hacksaw?
Dad had one like that when I was, well, before you were born. He let me use it, don't think I ever managed to cut anything in two with it. On thing I do remember, when I was about four, we saw saw a jungle movie (Tarzan?) and the hero, after using a vine to swing out of harms way, whipped out an identical saw and cut the vine in two so the bad guy couldn't follow him. Here is guy running around in a loin cloth and carrying a hack saw. Never was able to figure that one out.

Bill

agmason54

Donation Time
Me Tarzan you Jane..... Can you believe that Cheetah is still alive and lives in California in an apartment. I have sawed off exhaust pipes with that little saw. In my 'spoon ring days' I made 'roach clips' out of spoon handles with the same saw. I put in 2 blades to make a double cut.These days I just sell shades. I don't have to make them...
Agm

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hey thanks! The cool thing about that photo is that it looks like the car (yellow and all) that I raced when I got out of the service! A friend, Tony Pouliot owned it but let me race it anyway, am forever grateful because I did not have the knowledge then to build one. Have always wanted to find it but it is lost in the ozone now.

agmason54

Donation Time
Ken,
Cheetah had a good life.
SIR Geoffry Tedder is still kicking (ass).As a matter of fact we spoke today and he told me he raced at Mid Ohio this year and was beating Lotus7s and Porches.At 6500 rpm one of his fan blades let go and destroyed the water pump dumping coolant on his wheels and 'wiping him out'.
I feel bad about Cheetah but better about Mr Tedder. SIR Goeffry is alive and well! I thought the bad news was about him....
Thanks
Al

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
I wish this site had a laugh button on each post so half wits like me won't feel the need to post something when simply laughing uncontrollably. From mystery head removal to mystery chimp survival! Besides a little help with your Alpine, you just never know what you'll get on this site! LOL:D

agmason54

Donation Time
TRACY SKINNER is the WINNER !!!!!!
Kudos to Tracy for thinking out side the box and beating all WIZZARDS.!!!
Yes besides being informative the SAOCA is very fun and more funny at times. Me and my buddies tune in to see who blew up what or what fell off who's car and we can't wait to see who says what....I think instead of Avatars everyone should show their picture. That way you it won't seem so anonymous whether yer getting blasted or praised. I laugh at both. I beat all of ya getting the first WARNING!!(Free speech is worth it)
Here's a 'funny' for all-maybe it will be my next contest-WHO IS DUMBER THAN ME?
Beat this-
I once threw away a hood flash!! I thought it was too ugly for an Alpine... Once in Browning my faithful car WAR PONY coasted away a hundred yards without a scratch.I though it was stolen until I looked off in the distance.I was so embarrassed I left town.
My best move was when my car coasted in to a lake and parked perfectly at a dock like a boat in the water.I was lucky it stopped and even luckier that it did not come to rest on a pontoon boat.Not one person other than the tow truck driver saw it.
Anywho I started NEW YEARS early...
Happy NEW Year to every Beamer out there.
and GOOD JOB ELEVEN!!
CONGRATULATIONS again to ELEVEN!!!!!!!
Gotta go ..
Albert G