• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Now this is an interesting find...

tony perrett

Gold Level Sponsor
I am rather disappointed that these important films were not first offered to potential buyers within SAOCA. The opportunity for Members to have bought a DVD copy may well have been lost.

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
I am rather disappointed that these important films were not first offered to potential buyers within SAOCA. The opportunity for Members to have bought a DVD copy may well have been lost.

Sorry to hear that Tony, but somehow I doubt that "potential buyers within the SAOCA" would have paid almost $600 for all three films; thus my decision to go to the open market with them. I had no clue what they were worth and didn't feel like bargaining. Ebay is the best place to find out what something is worth.

I'm going to do the same with my Rootes dealer signs and clocks too.

65beam

Donation Time
interesting find

i have to agree with scott. i was the high bidder up to the last minute, but did not get home in time to put in what we considered a reasonable maximum bid. with sniper i have won many items in the last three seconds . wish i would have gotten home earlier . now scott, i 'm waiting for the signs to come up for bidding . i already have some in my collection .

65beam

Donation Time
interesting find

sunbeam scott is scott woerth in pa. he's a very well know sunbeam restoration expert in pa. over the years he has done many tiger restorations that are nothing short of fantastic . his alpine restorations have been of equal quality .

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I tried to enter what I thought was a strong bid on the bumpers but mine never regestered for some reason. No problem as the winning bid was WAY over what I put in as max.

What's "sniper"? I know what a Sniper is (May I introduce my brother?).

Series3Scott

Platinum Level Sponsor
To wrap this thread up, I met with the new owner of the films, Todd Ruel, last night and he's very enthusiastic about these films. I told him that we had some people interested in purchasing DVDs of these films. He said he would need at least 10 people to raise their hand for a DVD to make this feasible for him. If interested, shoot him an email telling him you'd like a DVD of the Rootes films. His website is www.torq-o.com.

Very nice guy who is always on the look-out for more films like this.

mikephillips

Donation Time
Email link is at very bottom. Don't know if it's my setup or his but when I tried it attempted to install Lotus Notes rather than using my email. If it does that for you the direct address is Todd#torq-o.com, replace the # with @.

mikephillips

Donation Time
The response I got was that it requires a minimum of 10 commitments, which would be paid upfront. Cost approximately in the $35 range. I'll start off as 1.

steven

Donation Time
I also sent my request, hope Todd will ship to Australia. My fellow club members would be delighted.
Steven

Series3Scott

Platinum Level Sponsor
Message From the New Owner of the Rootes Films

Hi, Sunbeam fans.

My name is Todd Ruel. I'm an orphan car fan, and I run a web site called
Torq-O (www.torq-o.com) I collect orphan car media, and the films I
purchased from Scott Christie on eBay represent my first foray into the
British orphans.

Whenever I buy a particularly rare film on eBay, I often get requests to
put the film on DVD. I always tell these fans that if they're serious,
they need to help me to help them.

I need at least 10 fans to pay $35 + postage upfront. This money pays for
the film transfer process, which costs either $175/hour or $350/hour. I
anticipate that these films will take two hours of transfer time at
$175/hour. You can be sure that, at these rates, you're getting the best
picture quality possible from these films.

One of you will need to be the order taker. If that person can collect
the payments, make a customer list, and send the money and information to
me, I can focus on making you a great DVD.

One more thing: if you want extra copies, include those payments in your
order. You could give them as gifts or resell them at a higher cost and
make a few dollars for yourselves. I won't be making any more copies of
these DVDs, so order your extras during this first and only run.

I consider each of you who participates as an investor and not a normal
customer. You're paying to get these films transferred, and you deserve
the best. That's what I'll deliver. (I hope the film prints are high
quality!)

Thanks very much for your initial interest! I hope we can help each
other!

Todd Ruel
Torq-O: Orphan Car News and Fun Products
www.torq-o.com

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
:confused:I thought Todd asked one of us to be the order taker/money collector and customer list maker, why are all of you sending him the orders and money? I can't personely do it but I just wanted to alert the club members.:eek:

mikephillips

Donation Time
Since I said I'd start the line for them, I can be the central contact. Let me email him and see how he wants to handle payment, shipping and such. and we'll go from there.