• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Nice Series II for sale - SOLD 6/4/21

racerguy99

Donation Time
I'm retiring later this year and moving to rural Iowa. The rural gravel roads out there would not be friendly at all to my Alpine, so she must go. I'm posting this here first.

I'm the third owner. She spent her whole life in the Chicago area, so the rust has been fixed...

15 x 6” Panasport wheels
Dunlop Direzza DZ102 205/50R-15 tires
Electronic ignition
Weber 2bbl, Pierce manifold
Recent clutch
All syncro (close ratio, Series III?) transmission
Later series cooling system, auxiliary electric cooling fan
Recent battery
Stereo
Welded roll bar
Hardtop (needs resto)
Gas tank sealed and lined (by prior owner)
Dash pad replaced
5/8” sway bar (not yet installed)
Original owner’s manual, Rootes and Haynes workshop manuals
Rust repaired (frame outriggers, rocker boxes, sheet metal, etc), bumpers rechromed, paint Centari "Black Cherry" etc in 1999
Not driven anywhere near enough, since then
Not perfect but she runs and looks pretty good. I'd say it would be considered a good "driver"
CL4.jpg Dash.JPG June 4 2017.jpg June 4 2017a.jpg June 4 2017b.jpg New wheels 2 Aug 2014.JPG New wheels 3 Aug 2014.JPG
Loads of spares and extras: gas tank, trans, rear end(s), steel wheels, brake pads, sales fliers, upgrade tips, etc…

Additional pics and info avail.

$9500.00

(708) 748-0431
(641) 426-0468 cell

Last edited:

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
It's a beauty and sounds like a good deal. Just an FYI - S3 had a non-syncro first, so must be a later trans.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Does it have a soft top? I note roll bar is welded in and assume a soft top and hardtop would likely not clear it?

racerguy99

Donation Time
The soft top (white, and new in 1999) DOES (barley) clear the roll bar, with foam padding off (I rarely use it). I have not tried the hardtop.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Hey racerguy.. Good to see it up.. If the softtop clears it the hardtop should as it has a little more headroom.

Gather that photo was pre wheel swap.. Its a nice looking alpine.. Hope it finds a good home

racerguy99

Donation Time
(7/8/20)
Update. I've had some interest and tire kickers, but she is still here, and retirement looms closer.

Price reduced to $8500.

racerguy99

Donation Time
(8/22/20)
Retirement looming closer. If you are interested at all, I'll consider offers. I'd rather see it go to someone here, rather than let a broker have at it, or worse - FleaBay.

nsbluenose

Silver Level Sponsor
I grew up in the country, with dirt roads everywhere. Dirt roads don’t hurt the car, maybe a few more rock chips. Definitely more car washing is required.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
I grew up in the country, with dirt roads everywhere. Dirt roads don’t hurt the car, maybe a few more rock chips. Definitely more car washing is required.
Yes, I'd much rather drive an Alpine on gravel than salt. Gravel is hard on paint and the car is always dirty, but that is about all. Salt is an Alpine killer.

Bill

nsbluenose

Silver Level Sponsor
Salt will reduce any car back to dust, if not under coated yearly. Although the newer cars, say 2000 and newer are better than older cars at slowing the ‘rust cancer’ down.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Salt will reduce any car back to dust, if not under coated yearly. Although the newer cars, say 2000 and newer are better than older cars at slowing the ‘rust cancer’ down.
I have lived 90% + of my years in the rust belt and have never seen a gravel road that was treated with salt. Can't say that about paved roads.

Bill

nsbluenose

Silver Level Sponsor
The east coast of Canada may be the winter salt capital of the world. We put salt on every surface that can be reached by a salt truck. Sometimes it seems like more salt being spread than snow falling.

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
When I was a kid in Pennsylvania, they used to spread these white pellets on the dirt roads. This stuff would “melt” to like an oily surface, and kind of harden afterwards. That stuff could mess up paint. Don’t know what it was, but it would gum up bicycle tires.

racerguy99

Donation Time
My daughter, and grand kids ( Parkersburg, IA 30 minutes south) would not want me to sell it, but I could use the cash...