• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

New v6

T

Tiger4289

Just got new series 3 been talking to nick in reno
Would like to get on the v6 kit list-joining dark side
Jim or Jose please contact me
looking for 2.8 v6 in west
also looking to source correct oil pan and water pump

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
ANother conver to the Dark Side

Jim and Jose

I can't locate the Conversion article on this new site. What am I doing wrong? :eek: I tried to direct him but only found the articles on the wheels and tool kit.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Just got new series 3 been talking to nick in reno
Would like to get on the v6 kit list-joining dark side
Jim or Jose please contact me
looking for 2.8 v6 in west
also looking to source correct oil pan and water pump
Hi Tiger4289,

Below, you Will find a new price/parts list. I would recommend looking for a Ranger/Bronco II, because they already come with the correct oil pan and the oil filter adapter too. They are easier to find than the Mustang II/Capri/Capri II engines are. The other pieces you will need, can be looked for on the web.

11/11/2007

ALPINE V6 CONVERSION PARTS KIT

The conversion kit will only be offered in a complete form, in other words, there won't be a basic kit. This will facilitate ordering and production of the kit, since almost everyone bought all the parts anyway. I have added another part to the kit, (clutch slave cylinder mounting bracket), so that there will be one less thing to worry about, as you put your Alpine together. The kit will contain the following parts for your ease of conversion to a Ford 2.8 V6.

1. Engine motor mounts

2. Transmission support crossmember

3. Equal length tubular headers

4. Alternator bracket

5. Modified center link

6. Clutch slave cylinder mounting bracket

Kit: $1,485.00
Shipping: $55.00
Total $ 1,540.00

You will notice that the modified thermostat housing and pilot bearing adapter aren’t offered. That is because I recommend using the T5 from a 1996 or later Mustang with the 3.8 V6. If you still want to use one of the earlier T5’s, I can send you the contact information for the guy that made them for me. He will be happy to supply you with what you need. Be sure to let him know which transmission you will be using, I4, or V8, because they use different bearings. The thermostat housing can still be modified by my old fabricator. You just need to tell him if you intend on using your heater, and he will modify it accordingly.

To order your kit, Send two postal money orders, ( the limit for a postal money order is $1,000, so you'll need two), to

James Ellis
813 Brandon Ave.
Columbia, SC 29209

Please make them out to Maria Rodriguez (my wife). Jim will deposit them to my wife's account. I have to do this, because Pay Pal has locked my accounts, because of a supposed problem with someone with my name. I will have to do this till I get it all straightened out. To those outside the states, that may have to use Pay Pal, add three percent for using Jim's pay pal account. That is what Pay Pal charges Jim for every trans action. If you need to do this, please send me an e-mail and I will send you Jim's account number.

Jose

Rsgwynn1

Silver Level Sponsor
I put in a post a week or so ago about a guy who was selling a Mustang II 2.8 on eBay. It got no buyers, so he decided to part it out. I got the nice chrome valve covers cheaply, and he will have other parts that can work to make the Bronco II engine fit. The main part that's hard to locate is the front cover and the MII water pump. As Jose says, the Bronco II/Ranger engines are a lot easier to find. I do still have one upper (fan) pulley off a Capri.

Jim E

Donation Time
Ian has not got everything back up on here from the old site. I started the next installment of teh conversion write up yestarday.

The Mustang II stuff is a little hard to get partiuclarly the small pieces, block plate and pulleys. The one part we need to look at and think about is the MII flywheel. Reason being at last count there were no clutch kits available. I suggest going to the Ranger/Bronco II flywheel because of the availablity of clutches. The diameter of the R/BII clutch is a little smaller but it has the same clamping force as the MII unit. Plus the R/BII flywheel is very easy to get while the MII units and not so easy. You do need to machine the R/BII F/W in the center but it just takes a few minutes in the lath. I also think for those using teh 5.0 T5 this flywheel could be used without needing a pilot bearing adaptor. Key word is 'think" it could would need so tinkering.