• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

New Tiger Photos--"Before" shots!

chris

Donation Time
That looks great Bill. I'm sure it will come out as nice as your others. I'm Jealous.

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Bill
Wow
I would be very tempted to just touch up the paint.Clean it up with new carpet etc and keep it as a survivour
Very nice

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
I would leave this alone clean it up and drive it, it is hard to find survivors like that! It would make it worth more if left alone!!:cool:

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Bill,

Very nice choice, very straight by the pictures. Where did it come from? Is it mostly surface rust in the engine bay? I will be eagerly watching this space.

Regards, Robin.

atallamcs

Donation Time
New Tiger

Hi Robin,
This Tiger came from Oregon. It was garaged and has not been on the road since 1989. It is surface rust but I will be putting in a new engine.
Bill

atallamcs

Donation Time
NewTiger-Restoration Shop

Sunbeam Tiger and Alpine Owners--I have been asked by many, who restores my cars? I appreciate the kind words as to the quality of the restoration. I must give due credit to the Master Craftsman, Everett Adams of Adams Custom Engines, Sparks, Nevada. He and his skilled team have done all the work and hopefully, God willing, restore this new Tiger of mine. He is currently waiting for me to finish the Alpine race car that many of you have seen in photos. Once that is done, if he has the time and energy we will embark again on "one more tiger!" If you need to make contact with Everett, please let me know and I will provide his contact information.
Bill Atalla

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Bill that is one nice looking starting place! Most guys end just short (overall) of where your starting. Will this car get the aluminum block and custom front axle/steering?

Bill

66Tiger

Donation Time
I don't know, I am not a "stock" kind of guy but it seems a shame to tear this car down. Seems like just upgrading things with parts with a little less patina to them (new-to-you-used-carpets, etc...), fixing/replacing this and that, blending in some paint, and calling it a day is the way to go.

There are beaters that pop on Ebay and else where all the time that would be better starting points from a purist point of view. Heck I would have thought about trading my project Tiger for this one (even throwing in my orange tiger striped seat covers).

But I am sure what ever Bill comes up with for this car it will be first rate and a sight to behold....hopefully progress pictures will come soon for inspiration.

Paul

atallamcs

Donation Time
Tiger

Hi Paul,

The car has not run since 1989, I am sure the engine is pretty well gone. No point in rebuilding a 260 as parts are scarce. Hence, once you change that, what else might you do??
Bill

66Tiger

Donation Time
Bill.
I am sure it will be one nice ride, and if I had my way (read= $$$) I would modify the crap out of my Tiger too.

But I would not write the motor off, 1989 is nothing, here is a little true story...

In 1974 my parents built our family home, and my dad drove his Corvette into the garage and parked it. Over the years it sat untouched with boxes and stuff and dust building up until the car was buried and sinking low to the concrete. The car was not properly stored...basically it just sat as is....ran when parked as they say.

Fast forward 30 years...2004...kids gone, my dad is retiring and my mom wants to sell the house. My dad wants to drive his Vette to the new condo so we tinker, and we tinker...I think my dad has lost his mind, you name it it goes wrong.

But we did get it running...he had to trailer it, but it did drive on and off the trailer. It took 2 years of work but it's now up and running on a motor last rebuilt in 1970.

So who knows there might be life in that 260 still.

Paul

PS...I still haven't ridden in it since I was 10 years old!

Jim E

Donation Time
WOW! that is a nice looking Tiger. One day if it is not here already those original patina Tigers are going to be very $pecial. Bill not saying don't do it it is yours do you what you what. Heck I have been looked in the eye and told some pretty rude stuff about making changes. Still they are only original once anyone ever see the one owner Cobra Hank Williams owns, or at least he did a few years back. I read they really drool over that car could be that last of it's kind.