• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

New Sunbeam Scooters

twautomotive

Silver Level Sponsor
Does anyone know how these are being produced under the Sunbeam name?
(see attached link)
http://www.netlook.com/jump/pvt.cfm?nl=AT10461027&usid=1021[/URL]

howard

Donation Time
The script on the side that says. "Sunbeam" sure looks familiar!

I'm guessing they can get by using the name since it's not a car. Or maybe they got permission...

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Man, that is VERY interesting. I found their corporate website here:

http://sunbeamamerica.com/

Click the "Home" button (note the carnival red Sunbeam on that page!), and if you click the "More Information" button at the bottom you get this:

More Information

Sunbeam America, Jacksonville Florida, Toronto Ontario Canada

By the early 1920’s, in partnership with renown designers Talbot and Darracq, Sunbeam sharpened their vision, producing hand made performance vehicles for the world’s auto enthusiasts.
In 1927, Sunbeam established the first world land speed record by driving the new V12 Sunbeam (350 hp) on Pendine Sands at a speed of 150.87 mph (242.75 kph). Two years later on March 29, 1927, Sir Henry Segrave was the first man to attain a speed of over 200 mph (321.80 kph) in the Sunbeam double engined (1000 hp) roadster at Daytona Beach.
By the 1940's Sunbeam Motorcycles and Scooters were available throughout all of Europe, and in the 1960’s, Sunbeam made it’s depute as the car of choice for James Bond in the first ground braking 007 Adventure films. Soon, North Americans’ were ordering their own Sunbeam Alpine and high performing V8 Tiger convertibles.

The New Tiger Convertible
In creating the new Tiger, we have paid careful attention to interior comforts as well as producing the Tigers legendary white knuckled driving performance.

NEW TIGER CONVERTIBLE????

Check it out:

http://www.sunbeamamerica.com/tiger.html

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Looks like they are on a fast track to a major lawsuit.

The sunbeam script and the "appearance" of being the "old" sunbeam company is sure to ruffle some feathers somewhere.

alpine_64

Donation Time
last time they even used the Sunbeam script as per the rapier fastback/MKII for a logo.. i guess they have at least stopped that.. interstingly enough they now use the british sunbeam history for there heritage.

howard

Donation Time
This is the second "revived" Sunbeam Tiger I've seen. You don't hear a lot of other old marques being falsely resurrected. I wonder what the draw is with Tigers (and Sunbeam).