• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

New movie that fans of 1960s racing might enjoy

mikephillips

Donation Time
Don't know how good it may be, but I say a commercial Sunday evening for a new film, Ford V Ferrari about the 1960s competition between Shelby American and Ferrari on the FIA circuit. Matt Damon playing Shelby. May be worth seeing for the Cobras, GT40s and Ferraris that seem to be in it. Probably mostly replicas or CGI, but hey, how often is 1960s racing done on the big screen.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Mike, they are reps...Christian baile plays ken miles .... While it might be a bit over dramatized ...should be fun.

mikephillips

Donation Time
I expect I'll see it for the racing and other car scenes and not worry about the interpersonal relationship stuff. As noted, probably overly dramatic to catch the attention of those not 60s car folks, but I can live with that.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Matt Damon as Legendary Ford Royalty? I think not.

As believable as Tom Cruise as a fighter pilot.

Oh wait....

mikephillips

Donation Time
They did what Hollywood does, cast names they hope people will want to come see regardless of the subject matter. Happens all the time.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Yup.

Damon's yankee accent for Shelby's drawl. Sure. That'll work.

Who's playing Enzo Ferrari? (Too bad Brando's gone)

I'll still go.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Just out of interest did you guys see "rush" Maybe it was less sensitive as they werent US charecters... While it was dramatised .. I still enjoyed it

Last edited:

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Since this is rather chatty, I know a guy who's mom when going to the movies bought a ticket for the afternoon show for a different show than the one she was seeing because she did not want to support the particular actor(s) she didn't like ... ;)

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Rush was great so let's see how this movie will be. It s Hollywood and the times of Steve McQueen in LeMans are over but at least I would give it a chance :rolleyes:

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
I expect I'll see it for the racing and other car scenes and not worry about the interpersonal relationship stuff. As noted, probably overly dramatic to catch the attention of those not 60s car folks, but I can an live with that.
Mike an old movie that has great action of 1950’s racing is The Green Helmet the cars are mostly jags of the Eqire Ecost terrible acting thin plot but good vintage cars