• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

J

Jim East

I just bought a 1960 Series I and am looking for information on the car. It is serial #: B9003589 Engine LRX 3605. I also got with it a whole car full of extra parts and don't know if they are worth anything to someone?

napa 1

Donation Time
Hi Jim. I also have a 1960 red series I #b9000634. Please feel free to message me with any questions you have as you get to know your car. I'm up in the Napa Valley. You'll also find this forum to be very helpful when you have questions. What condition is your car in?

John.

J

Jim East

Condition

Well it took the best part of Sunday to get it out. It has beed sitting in this guys back yard since 1978. After we un buried it from the leaves and rat droppings we owed it to a trailer, and that was the good part. It is generally in need of a lot of love. But no rest the body is straight. It looks like all the trim is here. It had 2 engines in the front seat, not together and a trunk full of stuff. This is not the first project like this i've started, so I will finish it. I am curious about what maybe the parts are and what they might be worth to someone who needs them. I don't want to make money from them as much as I want to find someone that appreciates them. Maybe they are not worth anything, but I thought this was a good place to start.

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
Jim,
Welcome! Series 1's are hard to come by so take care of her. Trim parts are always easy to find someone who needs them. Engines and drive trains seem to be a dime a dozen. However, if you have a good series one block and parts, I would hang on to it, they don't seem to be easy to come by.

I would keep everything until you know you have everything you need.

Ask for help here if you need it.....someone always has the answer.

Paul

skywords

Donation Time
Hello Jim
I know a Jim East he own's a bank in Little Rock. Anyway do a search for Sunbeam on e-bay motors and watch it for a while and you will see what the bits sell for and what is precious and what isn't. If I were you I'd keep everything until the car is completed. Sorry Paul I am echoing you.

Have fun

J

Jim East

Parts

Jay,

Thank you for the offer. I had to store the stuff to make room for the "Sunbeam" project. I did take pictures of all the extra stuff an will post it on my we site later. Several people have said I should save it till the car is running, which is great advice (at least with my other restorations) so I stored it all and I'm not getting it all out again.

Thank you again....

Jim