• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

New Member from NC.

DaveSeries1

Silver Level Sponsor
Hello out there to fellow Sunbeam fanatics. As stated, I'm a new member here, although not new to Alpines. I recently picked up a (almost) decent S1 for restoration. I had an original '60 S1 in my late teens and early 20s, during the time I was dating the girl who would later be my wife. Drove it year round in Ct, for 6 years, sold it when I got married. Now in retirement, the wife and I want the same car to have fun in. So here I am. Car is complete, although all rockers and quarter panels need replacing, as well as the floor pans. Will be asking lots of advice, and will need parts. IMG_4698.JPG IMG_4697.JPG IMG_4698.JPG IMG_4697.JPG Looking forward to making many friends, Dave

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
Welcome Dave. Series 1 cars are now rare. We have several members here in NC. I am in Holly Springs near Raleigh. Parts are available through Sunbeam Specialties in California or Classic Sunbeam in New York.

Steve

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
Welcome Dave, I am an admirer of the Big Fin cars. Actually my High School Car was a 57 Dodge 2dr. Hardtop. Talk about Big Fins.
Anyway, I've been 10 years restoring mine, and I am just now going back to do the things I should have done first. Like Restoring the front suspension while the engine was out, etc. etc. Same with the rear end, and the bushings and wheel bearings. Why am I running around with 52 year old rear wheel bearings? Only means I can't feel truly confident that I could jump in it and take a "Road Trip" when ever I wanted. I know, they last a long time, But...…………………….. And why knot pay for a reliable shop to at least check the differential. (I'm not wanting to do it, so better pay for it.)
So, I guess what I'm saying, take care of the mechanicals, the Lipstick will look much better on a reliable car..

Jim

alpine_64

Donation Time
Welcome to the club, nice to save another series I. This July is 60 years since the series Alpine launch. Next year is your cars 60th, do you have a timeline you are aiming for.. Or its tear down and see what you find?

Also Welcome to the series I community :)

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
Welcome to the club I have some parts for early Alpine. I live in Burlington NC and we have a few SI and SII cars in the durham area and we all would be happy to help. Good luck

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Hi Dave
Lucky you-you are in the epicenter of a lot of Sunbeam events here in the SE!
Thanks for helping to sponsor our club too.
Eric

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi Dave, happy to have you on the forum.
Where are you in NC.? A few Alpines around Central NC, including 2-3 early series.
Stay in touch.
Doug

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Welcome back to the wonderful world of Alpine ownership! And welcome to the SAOCA and thanks supporting our efforts to keep 'em on the road! We look forward to helping you on your journey.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I live in Greenwood, SC and venture into NC from time to time. Call upon me anytime if needing assistance. Will help where I can.

There is a bunch of good guys all thru North Carolina that have the Sunbeam....Welcome to the Best Club in the world,

Last edited:

P4r4trooper

Donation Time
Well I am new to this group. I have already asked for help. I am from Oklahoma and I saved this car from the crusher and gave it to my wife, she said I would like it done for my 50 birthday. And I doing my best, but someone did a good bond job on it. Oh I forgot it's a 1965 sunbeam alpine 1725.
The dark blue it has a four speed with OD.

Attachments

• save1.jpg
    save1.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 28
  • save2.jpg
    save2.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 28
  • save.jpg
    save.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 28

P4r4trooper

Donation Time
Why yes she is. And yes I know A huge undertaking But I have faith I will get it done. Nights weekends she is the unsung hero in are family We foster so a lot of her is staying up at night with the new ones when we get them making sure they have clothes and toys so they are not scared at our house. So she has never asked for anything for her self so I am going to do everything in my power to get it done for her

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Good luck, Paratrooper! It certainly sounds like a worthy endeavor and you have come to the right place to get the help you need. Ask away!