• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

New item

Should we have a Seperate Forum for Tech tips?

• Yes

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pumpkin

Donation Time
Can we have an area for tech tips? I get them on the Alpines dot net occasionally and they have tech tips in the tigers forum.

Just a thought.
Chuck

jack Bacon

Silver Level Sponsor
Tech Tip Area on the site

Diito that! Let's add one more item for sharing technical items

Jack

Pumpkin

Donation Time
tech tips

Jeff, yes they do have quite the operation, however why would one want to journey out of our site go there and come back?

I just found their site by cruising, then have posted and looked a couple of times there. But if we could get more Rootes Sunbeam tech tips on this site, instead of primarily Tiger info. It would be good here..:)

I know there are quite a few older alpines.net guys like me that have tips stored for future and I for one would love to cut and paste all my info to share. I have been saving for about 10 years..

My 2.0p
Chuck

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
The newer owners like myself need all the help we can get, Tech tips for Alpines = great idea, What has become of the substitute parts list ?

Tom j

Ever challenging Series V

PaulK

Gold Level Sponsor
I see no reason why we cannot have a tech tip item on the forum.

When I went out to the TEAE forum to see what was there it appears that our Alpine forum contains many of the same question and answers that their Tech tip and general Alpine forum contains.

We can continue to post these items in the stock Alpine or if desired I can create an new Forum just for Tech tips.

Paul

napa 1

Donation Time
Are we thinking of the tech topic as more of a compilation of tech tips, rather than a question and answer forum. It would be great to have one place to go to research an alpine issue. Forum members could direct the questioner to a page in the tech area? In other words for those of us who are asking the questions... we would still pose the questions on Stock Alpine? Answers would still come on stock alpine, but if someone has written up a detailed description of the procedure, it could be posted in tech tips. The tech section would act more as a research area, rather than a question and answer forum? Is this what we're talking about?

Pumpkin

Donation Time
tech tips

My thoughts were just that, an area to pursue for ideas, may be a seach mode to say: shocks. Then be directed to the shocks tips.
No question awnsers...
such as
A tip on installing tube shocks , instead of lever type:
Ser l-lll

The rear shocks are a piece of cake.
Piece of angle iron bolted to the stock Series I shock mount.
Made a new bottom plate for the u-bolts, extended to inside 2". Drilled
hole in both installed shock.

This was copied from my file.
Chuck

PaulK

Gold Level Sponsor
John and Chuck, you are right on with my thoughts. :)
That is exactley what we had in mind when we decided to add the "Tech Tip" section.

Paul