1. Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible.

Enjoy.

Dismiss Notice

New HArrington boot scripts

Discussion in 'Harrington Alpine' started by Limey, Mar 19, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Limey

Limey Diamond Level Sponsor

Bernd! I was pulling your leg!! Do it anyway you want! You are bringing a Harrington back to life with your hard earned money and time. This site is so straight faced and everyone thinks someone is saying they are doing it better. (Secretly we all are) ;) But we can have some fun with our friends. Especially ones we respect. See you at spares day. ( Just don't glue on your badges, or I won't talk to you again:p)

2. bernd_st

bernd_st Bronze Level Sponsor

All fine! Let's keep it at that. See you over there. Bring the HA . It will look great in front of new archive :)

3. DanR

DanR SAOCA Treasurer Diamond Level Sponsor

I highly recommend A/C for your Alpine:)

4. Buell

Buell Donation Time

Limey, I have a Harrington. I'd be very interested in a Harrington boot script. Are the ones that you are having made all spoken for? My car is a series "D," as such it has no external "Harrington" identifiers. I'm not positive I'd drill holes in the fiberglass and install this, but I've always wanted something on the outside of the car that said Harringon. Best Regards, Buell

5. Limey

Tigers are simply great cars - try one ...[/QUOTE]

I don't think they are, infact Alpines aren't great cars to start with (but I love the look). A Tiger is an Alpine (without fins sadly..) with a V8 dropped in.

The only good one is Jan Igboms V8 Harrington.However I do respect yours or anybody elses preferences.

For $80,000 I could get an Aston Martin, an E type or a Facel Vega. All of them many times a better and more handsome car than a Tiger. That's only my opinion and I acknowledge that it has no more validity than anybody elses opinion.

However, having spent £50,000++ and 2000hrs on my Harrington I am very obviously no way qualified to advise anyone how to spend their money or time 'wisely'. o_O 'love is in the eye of the beholder'

Harrington Jan likes this.
  6. Limey

Hi Buell

Nearly there

Cut in Brass with 5 axis water cutting to get the sloped sides. Studs are now in place. I just have to hand form each one to the boots curve and prep the surfaces before sending the Derby Plating. (DP are the best in the UK and have chromed some Pebble Beach winners) Real 'Old Skool'

Attached Files:

7. alpine_64

alpine_64 Donation Time

Beautifully done oliver, really great attention to detail.