• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

New Engine

Clark

Silver Level Sponsor
Put a new short block in my V. Did all the usual, new guides, valve seals, some new valves, etc. Castrol 10-30, ZDDP.
Ran around town,, up and down for 1/2 hour, changed oil and filter. Have since run about 400 miles. Varied driving as I live in a rural area. Car runs like a dream. On start up I get oil spitting out the tail pipe. Stops when warm. Compression even but low, 105 in all cylinders. No smoke running. Ideas from anyone?

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Rings are not yet seated could be the lower compression and what you say is oil.

I would run for a while yet..

Clark

Silver Level Sponsor
Thanks Dan,
Checking closely it does not seem like oil, more like water and exhaust carbon. I am a little paranoid as the car smoked and put out oil before the re-build.
Ready for another oil change, re-torquing the head and checking the lash!

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Run it. While there may be something wrong (which I doubt), it is not of the fatal variety.

Bill

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
Maybe the oil is from the old motor, still in the exhaust. If so it will take some time to burn off.