• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

New clutch time?

clhiller

Silver Level Sponsor
What do you guys think about this clutch plate? Time for a new one? I never had any issue with it slipping or anything, but it is cheap and easy to replace now that its out.

Attachments

• x8TsletvQraZFkP2ylxFxQ.jpg
    x8TsletvQraZFkP2ylxFxQ.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 39

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
I think it looks decent. But since it is already out, you may as well install a fresh one.

I had the same situation. Pictures attached are of the clutch disc I removed and a rebuilt disc that I then installed. I don't think there was a large amount of difference in the thickness.

Mike

Attachments

• 20141020-003 orig clutch disc.JPG
    20141020-003 orig clutch disc.JPG
    376.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 20141020-001 rebuilt clutch disc.JPG
    20141020-001 rebuilt clutch disc.JPG
    445.2 KB · Views: 33

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
What do you guys think about this clutch plate? Time for a new one? I never had any issue with it slipping or anything, but it is cheap and easy to replace now that its out.

Check the depth from surface to rivet heads on BOTH sides of disk. One side usually wears faster.