• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

New 2018 club calendar

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
I got mine the other day-thanks to all who made this happen! There are some great photos of Sunbeams.
Can those who have their car on the calendar post here what month it is shown and maybe some details?
Thanks! Eric

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
My car is December. Picture was taken on the street in front of my house.

It is a series V. Originally a Pennsylvania car. My dad bought it from the original owner in 1979. It sat until he started a restoration in 1986. The restoration stalled after a couple of years. I inherited the car in 2003. It sat in my garage until I started working on it in July 2013. I've been working slow and steady on it since then. It only has 27k miles. It is mostly stock with reproduction parts as needed.

Photo album is at:
http://wp.mhartman.net/home/cars/sunbeam/alpine/photos
The photos are oldest to newest.

Mike

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Did you guys run out of calendars? nothing in the mailbox yet up here in New England.

Would you believe that a tiny typo made your mailing label not print? I was wondering why there was a blank mailing label on the sheet. Your packet will be going in the mail today.

Ashfried

Donation Time
I just got mine today. Thank you.

My Alpine is MARCH, but also 3rd from front on the COVER, and in front of Jim's red Alpine in MAY.

1966 Series V. Original engine, never been bored and still running the Stromberg Carbs. 86k miles, body repainted a little darker than orig green, but engine bay and trunk untouched. Bought it from a pawn broker in San Bernardino about 4 years ago. It had been fully restored by previous owner, but when finally done he was driving home one night and ran into a runaway horse. He had the repairs done and pawned it.

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
Got it, and it looks GREAT.
Thank you for all you do.
P.S. if you have an extra calendar, I will buy it. I would love to give my brother one.

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
Great calendar. Thanks, guys.

My car is June. Photo taken in Aug 2015 near the Tunkahannock Viaduct, a famous railroad viaduct northwest of Scranton, PA.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunkhannock_Viaduct

The car is a 67 SV, my third Alpine since 1965. Bought this one in '81, had been originally from New Orleans. Finally did a restoration from '86-'88 including painting it Porsche Guard Red (seems to be identical to Rootes Carnival Red) myself in my backyard, from original Forest Green. Re-did significant mechanical work in '04 and '05 before driving it with my old college buddy, Bob, on a 7500 mile camping trip from OH to the Canadian Rockies, Glacier NP, and Colorado. Had to tow it home from Denver after breaking a piston ring in Muddy Gap, WY. Rebuilt the engine in '08 with Chevy rods, stroked and bored to 1819 cc, Vizard mod, re-cored radiator, and Weber 32/36. Bob and I drove it 2 more times to the West Coast '11, and '13 and to Cape Cod in '15.

It's in pretty nice condition, but not a "showpiece". When I take to a car show I always show a couple photos of it in the Rocky Mountains or West Coast so people know it's a "Driver" and has been driven from coast-to-coast.

Tom Hayden

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
January is Jeb Stuart's. Unfortunately, Jeb hasn't visited the site since November to tell you all about it.

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Oh, hello everyone. Good news for anyone who missed the deadline for getting a 2018 calendar. I just got a new shipment of calendars. Want one? They're just $15 and the very small amount of proceeds go to supporting the club. Send $15 through PayPal to membership@sunbeamalpine.org and we'll get your calendar out right away. Or for those who haven't, make a gold, platinum or diamond donation here, and you'll get your calendar for free.

Act now, supplies are going fast and all that.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Oh, hello everyone. Good news for anyone who missed the deadline for getting a 2018 calendar. I just got a new shipment of calendars. Want one? They're just $15 and the very small amount of proceeds go to supporting the club. Send $15 through PayPal to membership@sunbeamalpine.org and we'll get your calendar out right away. Or for those who haven't, make a gold, platinum or diamond donation here, and you'll get your calendar for free.

For you folks that don't do PayPal send a check PAYABLE TO: SAOCA Treasurer
care of: Dan Richardson 123 Richardson Drive Greenwood, SC 29649
and I will notify Greggers and/or Tom Johnson of your order.

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor

As of this morning, due to unprecedented and unexpected demand, we're currently out of 2018 stickers. A new shipment is expected to arrive 2/7/2018, so we'll hold additional shipments until then (...unless you don't want a sticker. We have plenty of calendars and can send those out immediately.).

Geoffers

Donation Time
Did the 2018 stickers ever come in... I like to display our Club proudly ( but currently, still running with the 2016 sticker on my Alpine ) ??