• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Need to clear out some SII & SIV junk

CKR1967

Donation Time
463185EF-9EF9-440E-B7AF-3BCF7CD1B4CB.jpeg I need to make some room in my garage. I have the remnants of a ‘62 SII and series IV parts cars that I want to clear out. Items include 2 transmissions, flywheels, and bell housings. Both would require a rebuild. The ‘62 had a Rapier engine in it, the IV had a 1725 motor. The Rapier motor was junk. I still have the 1725 block and both cylinder heads. Both oil pans, SII generator, two starters, one SII side glass, a square corner passenger (RH) door with, regulator, latch and outside handle and two trunk lids, one decent the other a little Swiss cheesy at the rear. Thermostat housing and expansion tank,two front knock off hubs with rotors, steering box w/ column and pitman arms, a drive shaft and various other little bits and brackets. If you can use any of this stuff or are interested in preserving it let me know. I don’t want to spend the next few years trying to sell it and I’d rather not scrap it. I’m located in South Central Pennsylvania.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks for donating to the Gold level before placing your ad!
I like the old sled in the back ground of your photo and hope your parts find a good home. Eric

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Do I see a bonnet/hood release rod? I might be interested in that. Would like to see a photo or two showing details.

Thanks,
Mike

CKR1967

Donation Time
What's the condition of the steering? If in good condition, what do you want? What Series is it from?
It turns but it is a little stiff. If I was going to use it I would rebuild it. It came out of the ‘62 so it doesn’t have the telescoping column.

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks for the pictures of the bonnet release rod. The earlier series setup is a little different than what I would want to use to replace the cable on my series V.

Thanks,
Mike

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
It turns but it is a little stiff. If I was going to use it I would rebuild it. It came out of the ‘62 so it doesn’t have the telescoping column.

The Bonnet Release rod is definitely bend in several places.

It can be straightened so that it can be used.