• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Need timing chain tensioner clip

Hotrodhillman

Donation Time
I'm building a 1725cc engine for my Hillman. Sunbeam specialties has some of the components for the timing chain tensioner. They do not stock the "clip." They sent me the rubber piece, the blade, which is a rectangular piece of steel in a curve with a feral at the end that it looks like it slips over a stud somewhere. On the timing chain cover? They also sent me the "pivot" which is a little rod with the threaded end. I lack the clip. it did not come with the engine. I can't find it anywhere. Is it called something else? Does anyone have one?

John Bishop

65beam

Donation Time
Try threading the short stud into the front of the block near the bottom and on the right side . Slide the blade into the rubber and slip over the stud. The curved side of the rubber rides against the chain. Use a flat washer and cotter pin to secure everything.

65beam

Donation Time
Does the “clip” provide the function of the flat washer and cotter pin?
I haven't run into the use of a clip. The engines in my five cars have holes in the stud for the use of a cotter pin. Look at the engine section in the parts book shown in the tech section of this site and you'll see #56 is a washer. I don't know if some use a clip instead of a cotter key.

Last edited: