• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Need SV front engine mounting plate

spudman5

Donation Time
I'm looking for the front engine mounting plate for a SV 1725 engine. This is the plate that attaches to the front of the block under the timing chain cover and then has the rubber motor mounts attached.

During engine re-assembly, I discovered the one I have must have gotten bent in a collision in the past (which coincides with the frame damage and the reason for swapping to a new frame/chassis).

Thanks,
Mike Tanner

spudman5

Donation Time
Stephen,

Thank you for the suggestion. I had tried SS today before I made the original posting. They didn't have any in stock and didn't have any idea when they would receive any more.

Mike

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Is it bent beyond repair? I realize it's a chore to get it really flat where necessary, etc. The few I have are attached to "keeper" engines, and even one of those is bent right at the engine mount.

Hope one turns up for you, though.

spudman5

Donation Time
George, Thanks for the offer to check. I have already heard from a couple of other people that have plates and I am following up with them.

Per Ken's question about repairing the plate, it maybe repairable but I'm not sure how flat the gasket surfaces would be after bending it back into shape. The mount to the engine block is flat now and came off of a running engine. However, one edge of the mount is bent up almost 1/2" due to collision in the car a long time ago. I'm moving the engine to a new, straight frame and hence need a flat mounting plate.

Mike

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
I dunno, but I guess if it were me I'd bolt that sucker back onto the block, install and torque the timing cover (no gasket) and then just whack that puppy back into shape. Bolting it down should prevent distortion at the gasket areas. Then, when you're done getting it straight, pull it off and check the gasket areas for flatness, just to be sure. After all, it got bent when it was installed... un-bend it while installed and you should be OK, I'd think.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Mike,

I may have one in the boxes of parts I got last week. Let me know if you don't have luck elsewhere.

kwhite

Donation Time
Hey Mike,

I don't have time hit post often and apologize for not replying sooner. I have what you are looking for, (I think) and will go take a photo now to confirm. I am just killing time before I gotta catch an early flight but will be back home Tuesday morning if you still are in need.

I will keep an eye out for reply or PM in case you are still in a bind.

Best,

Kevin

Attachments

• Sunbeam Mount.jpg
    Sunbeam Mount.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 8