• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

need help with VIN

69boss

Donation Time
Alpine Addict,
Thank you for the help on this car. I took a few more pictures of the rear jacked up and at the cuts in the crossmember, there are two different cuts and they follow a pattern that look as if someone was going to run the exhaust through it or did at one time.
http://picasaweb.google.com/69bossdieter/BarnFind
The seats are definitely recovered, the engine bay is pure white under the spray black so white is probably the color. I contacted the Imp Club that you let me know about for archived info on Rootes cars, they said it will take a few weeks. there are lever shocks at either end of the axle and they are connected, see pics. Let me know what you think. If this is stock, I would like to restore it, if not then I would still get it running just change the colors. Thank you for your input, I appreciate any help you can give me. Are there any manuals I need to buy?
thanks
John

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
These lever arm shocks are correct for series 1 and 2 cars.

The first book I would buy is a workshop manual.

69boss

Donation Time
Hi Bill,
I could have a piece removed from the car that is still Moonstone and have the paint matched unless there is a way to get a color chip or sample somewhere. I restore cars as a hobby but it is much more, I have a large shop where we restore cars and build motorcycles, we have all the equiptment to do a #1 restoration here including a full powdercoating and blasting area in the shop. I am finding this car to have all the original parts and am planning to do a complete restoration as the car was from the factory. My background is muscle cars from 1965 to 1972 and we usually do from 2 to 6 a year. We are currently building a Mustang (1965 fastback) 4 speed race car and this Alpine. The body work on the Alpine starts next week. Any pointers and help going in the right direction with this car would be very helpful. The sheet metal that needs replacing is foward floorpans, battery box, and the doors skinned. The crossmember needs some work because someone cut it to allow an after market exhaust at one time. The speedometer reads 85,000 plus and the bias ply tires are dated July 1964 so I assume the story of its storage for over 30 years is true. I have purchased an original Rootes service manual for some reference. My largest concern is the lack of a data plate and have been asking around if they can be made up to match the info I am getting from the rootes archives. So far no answer. This forum has been very helpful so far and I will be keeping you guys informed on the cars progress and accepting any comments that will help me along on this. Have a great day, talk to you soon
John