• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Need help on finding my grandfathers sunbeam alpine

737lindgren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Just received some NEW information this week that HOPEFULLY will help me find my grandfathers car

THE VIN IS B395007708LRX
The car was sold by Richard Lindgren (my uncle) to Joe Quigley August1, 1990 of Salem Oregon
the Oregon plate that was on it when sold was GSS049

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Joe Quigley's name is vaguely familiar. He may have attended a Sunbeam Northwest event in the '90s. I'll look thru my old mailing lists. Are you looking for Joe's Salem address?

What color was the SV back then? Any distinguishing mods? Hardtop?

737lindgren

Bronze Level Sponsor
actually I just got his contact information and is reported to still have the car plan on calling this afternoon at 5
excited at the possibility of perhaps getting the car I sat next to my grandfather while he drove and let me shift when i was in the 4th grade
from the factory was carnival red. I'll let you know what happens and what condition the car is in.
Chris

737lindgren

Bronze Level Sponsor
The same person who my uncle sold it to 30 years ago still had it an agreed to sell it to me
It took an unbelievable set of circumstances to find him( thanks joe)
So it was out of the family for 30 years and now it’s back with only 12 k more miles than when he bought it

Attachments

• 8D772B7F-ABF9-4AA8-BCE7-D185413B4496.jpeg
    8D772B7F-ABF9-4AA8-BCE7-D185413B4496.jpeg
    229.5 KB · Views: 74
  • D09FA908-CC1B-47D1-96CD-2A113D1506B0.jpeg
    D09FA908-CC1B-47D1-96CD-2A113D1506B0.jpeg
    238.4 KB · Views: 72
  • ACDEF1A2-EDCE-4B32-A4C9-EFAA6F04EF89.jpeg
    ACDEF1A2-EDCE-4B32-A4C9-EFAA6F04EF89.jpeg
    297.9 KB · Views: 71
  • 10E4F430-F407-41D1-B3A1-910447C942F8.jpeg
    10E4F430-F407-41D1-B3A1-910447C942F8.jpeg
    204.5 KB · Views: 74

737lindgren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Bring it back to the Sf Bay Area have the mechanicals checked and refreshed
Have my paint restoration guy bring the original paint back to as good as he can
Then drive it
I’ve already got sunbeam specialities on speed dial
Maybe Norm can come take a look he is in the neighborhood

Last edited:

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
How did you make that connection to the current owner? Is it a SAOCA member?

Quite an interesting story.

Mike

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
737, Not sure why you deleted your earlier posts, which showed the progression of your search

737lindgren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Mike
No he is not a SAOCA member
But is a terrific guy
Tom no idea I erased a forum post
Not saying I didn’t just new here

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
A pilot buddy is in Hollister he's an X Alpine guy with 2 Tiger's .
Obviously you probably aren't a cruise ship guy:) There a V6 conversion in this months Tiger Tales, that means we swing both ways well sort of :)

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
737, I just figured out that you DID NOT delete some of your earlier posts. The rest of your story (and posts) is in the "Wanted " forum.

737lindgren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Thanks to everyone this has been such a great thing to have happen
I will post the road I traveled to get to this position. Spoiler alert the Washington and oregon DMV not so much help
My wife thinks it’s a karma thing for donating one of my Mercedes to a guy that was a single dad down on his luck working two jobs no car No idea but glad it’s back in the family
Now to find the right person in the Bay Area to go through it and post the completed pics. Trying to find the pic of me at 7 with the car when my grandfather brought it home