• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Need expert eyes

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
I finally cleaned the engine compartment and found the engines VIN. It is certainly not the original engine with a vin of B3009155 ( appears to have been restamped also ). I believe that means its a series V engine in a series I. Good thing I found out before I ordered parts.

A sV engine VIN would start with "B395" not "B300".

I think your engine is from a Rapier III and would be a 1494 c.c. engine

Model = Sunbeam Rapier Series 111
Start # = B3000001
Production dates = September 1959 to April 1961

Hope this helps

alpine_64

Donation Time
The VIN for a series I and early SII will be stamped on a ledge on the engine bay and on a spec plate on the scuttle

beamdream

Gold Level Sponsor
Interesting that the first post states B9000627 as VIN number and now the RAS is 0001091.

I know there's not a lot of correlation between the two numbers when it comes to production dates, seems AS bodies were picked at random for assembly.