• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

My New SUV

Nickodell

Donation Time
What's the use of an SUV without a little runabout to use when you're parked?

CarinRV.jpg

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Actually it is an old idea.
Tom Machill reported this idea way back when in Popular Mechasnics.Seems a fellow converted a highway bus into a camper.Built the bed at the back high enough so he could make a drive up and stow space for a small car.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
I have a friend that just loves the big honda six cylinder cruisers. I used to tease him about it being just a two wheeled Winnebago. He didn't like it much, but when I saw one towing a trailer with a scooter on the back, so the owner could park his big boat and still have something to get around on, he couldn't say anything.:D

Jose :)

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Actually it is an old idea.
Tom Machill reported this idea way back when in Popular Mechasnics.Seems a fellow converted a highway bus into a camper.Built the bed at the back high enough so he could make a drive up and stow space for a small car.

Popular Mechanics? Uncle Tom wrote for Mechanics Illustrated, up to several years after his death. Anyway, back then the "small car" was probably a King Midget. The car in this illustration is probably closer to the size of the old bus than the "small car".

Bill

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
I stand corrected

Popular Mechanics? Uncle Tom wrote for Mechanics Illustrated, up to several years after his death. Anyway, back then the "small car" was probably a King Midget. The car in this illustration is probably closer to the size of the old bus than the "small car".

Bill