• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

My Idaho Imp

SDuncan

Donation Time
This past Thursday, I took delivery of a 1965 Sunbeam Imp that I had purchased from Bryan Gilbreath from Boise, ID. The more I crawl around the Imp, the happier I am. The car is a beauty! I have always been impressed by the people of the Sunbeam community and dealing with Bryan was no exception. Although I never saw the car prior to picking it up, the car was likely better than I thought it would be. I know it is sometimes commonplace to complain about people when things don't go as planned, so I just wanted to take the opportunity to say a public thank you to Bryan for a great experience.:D

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
This past Thursday, I took delivery of a 1965 Sunbeam Imp that I had purchased from Bryan Gilbreath from Boise, ID. The more I crawl around the Imp, the happier I am. The car is a beauty! I have always been impressed by the people of the Sunbeam community and dealing with Bryan was no exception. Although I never saw the car prior to picking it up, the car was likely better than I thought it would be. I know it is sometimes commonplace to complain about people when things don't go as planned, so I just wanted to take the opportunity to say a public thank you to Bryan for a great experience.:D

Sounds great Scott
Now we need to see some pictures

ozzie alpine

Bronze Level Sponsor
Hi Scott,
Great looking Imp. It will be a joy to drive.
I had Imps for years in the 80's, my favourite was my Sunbeam Stiletto (coupe version). I'm always on the look out for another, but not much luck up (down) here in the top end of Australia!
I'm currently rebuilding the 1040cc imp engine for my Ginetta (following some over-enthusiatic driving last year...), can't wait to hear it sing again.

Hope you have lots of fun. You'll find plenty of enthusiastic advice on the UK Imp Club forum. Let me know if you need any help.

SDuncan

Donation Time
Thanks for the offer Dave. Muchly appreciated. Unfortunately, the Imp has been sitting in my garage for a week or so waiting for a new waterpump to arrive from the UK. The car hadn't been driven much in the past years and it looks like the seals and such dried out. I took the car out for a bit of a spin and the pump gave up the ghost and started leaking coolant out on the ground. Hopefully I can get it back together this week and back out on the road.

bbonner

Donation Time
Looks great. Never seen one before...Now I will know what they are. Thanks Good luck and have fun. Bev

britbeam

Donation Time
Im jealous. I didnt know Brian wanted to sell the Imp. Do you know of any other Imp projects? I have a SV Alpine with no rust through,California car. No major damage to the body,appears to have never been wrecked. The former owner was trying to install a Mitsubishi 2600/5 spd tranny and he had already welded motor mount plates. This car could go back stock and would make a really super nice original. This is a rolling chassis not a complete Alpine. I would be interested in a Imp project trade.
Dwain V6 Krazy

SDuncan

Donation Time
I got pretty lucky with Bryan's car. It isn't perfect but it is a pretty darn good car. I just finished changing the waterpump and started it up tonight. No leaks, water seems to be circulating through the hoses...all is good. I would like to take it for another spin around town again, maybe tomorrow night if it is nice again.

Dwain, I sent you a PM.

lemansvk

Donation Time
Scott,

Don't know if you are interested but there is an Imp fanatic in Australia who has organised the remanufacture of 1/4 window rubbers for Imps - they have been carefully designed and are manufactured out of modern materials. If interested, let me know and I'll forward his email address.

Cheers, Vic

SDuncan

Donation Time
Hi, Vic

That would be great. All the rubbers were replaced around the windows, except those for the triangular vent winows and they should be done too. They look kind of dry.