• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

My Alpine on the last ALPINE500 Tour

S

sunswede

I attended the last running of the ALPINE 500 classic car tour last weekend.
This is one of the tours which have become popular in California. Beautiful
weather, wonderful cars and great people. California in the spring and the
top down for the whole 1,200 miles I ended up driving (650 on the tour) was
an enchanting experience! The car ran like a swiss watch, the only problem
occured after a gravel road section when I realized I was missing one cylinder.
A plug wire had vibrated off the distributor this was fixed after about two minutes.

S

sunswede

Both myself and my co-driver, Steve marveled at how comfortable the trip was.
Steve claimed the Alpine was more comfotable than any of his four classic Lancias!
This was my first long trip in the car. I have been using it as my daily driver
for the last 9 months. Sadly this car is now for sale to make room for a
classic Porsche.

skywords

Donation Time
I had the good fortune of touring Ireland in a Lancia. The car handled beautifully.
Seems sad to sell such a nice car to make room for a Porshe. Why not build another bay on the garage? Hope it goes to a good home. I have four Alpines and three garage bays. The series II awaiting restoration lives outside. I will be building another bay if finances doesn't force a sale.

64beam

Donation Time
It's a shame that you are selling your Alpine especially for a Porsche ;) . It is a very nice looking car from the photo's. Where is the location looking out over the water?

Regards, Robin.

S

sunswede

It's a shame that you are selling your Alpine especially for a Porsche ;) . It is a very nice looking car from the photo's. Where is the location looking out over the water?

Regards, Robin.

Hi Robin, the Lake in the background is Mono Lake just east of Yosemite National
Park.

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Why a Porsche?
With a 200+ HP V6.upgraded front end.Upgraded rear end.Upgraded steering.
With all thats available you can have a classic Alpine that will hold its own anywhere anytime.
But you do have a nice looking Alpine.

64beam

Donation Time
Why a Porsche?
With a 200+ HP V6.upgraded front end.Upgraded rear end.Upgraded steering.
With all thats available you can have a classic Alpine that will hold its own anywhere anytime.
But you do have a nice looking Alpine.

Hi Chuck,

Most of the above mentioned "upgrades" are probably standard on the Porsche that sunswede is wanting (other than the V6 of course).

Regards, Robin.