• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Mustang II Shelby Mag Wheels in 13 x 5.5

AlpineII

Donation Time
I have just picked up a set of 4 of the Mustang II polished Shelby aluminum mag wheels 13 x 5.5. I have seen several photos over rhe year on this forum of Alpines with them installed, most notably a green Series I and three red Series V's. On all three there was not a noticeable difference in the rear but quite a difference in stance for the front wheels! I don't have tires installed on them yet and was comparing them with a Series V rim at home to see the offset difference. The offset its quite interesting with a .75" move of inside bead towards outside and a 1.5" move of the outside bead further out.

For those who have have done this or those who may know, what lug nuts were used on these rims? The rims are not "dished" to accomodate the average lug nut and it appears there may be a "rimmed" edge on them.

Anyone know?

Jim E

Donation Time
You can get the lug nuts at most any parts house, thinking it is 7/16 20 and when you see the display you will know exactlly which style you need. My SV had the MII wire basket mags on it when I bought the car and well... get the metal trimmers out and start hacking the valance if it has not been trimmed already and even if it has it will most likley need more removed. In my opinion the MII wheels just do not work on the front of an Alpine, tires stick out tooooo far and I think it screws up how the car steers and handles.