• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Muffler support brackets

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Does anybody sell reproductions of the two brackets that support the rear of the muffler? They certainly wouldn't be hard to make, but they would be easier to buy. Alternatively, does anyone have a spare set they'd be willing to part with?

bluoval

Donation Time
dont know

jim try double s stainless the fab up replacement exhaust systems for the tigers classic sunbeam sells double so maybe they have the brackets.. post if you have any luck earl blu oval

mikephillips

Donation Time
You're talking about the 2 brackets spot welded to the trunk floor I assume.
Never seen new ones offered, I just made up what I needed from some 16ga sheet. Took all of an hour to cut and make about half a dozen as I recall.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Yep. Those are the ones. I made a template out of cardboard in case that was my best option, but thought I'd see if anyone hand any laying around first.

bashby

Donation Time
tail pipe-muffler bracket

I am going to be removing mine from the Series 5 if I can do so without damaging the trunk pan I will attempt to keep the bracket intact.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks! I am in no hurry on these. I won't need them for months; just planning ahead so I have them when the time comes.

weaselkeeper

Silver Level Sponsor
I just replaced my entire trunk floor and still have the muffler mount brackets attached to the 6in x 6in piece I cut out they were attached to. You can have them for the cost of shipping.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I just replaced my entire trunk floor and still have the muffler mount brackets attached to the 6in x 6in piece I cut out they were attached to. You can have them for the cost of shipping.

That is wonderful. Is this a great club or what! Thanks Pete. I just sent you a PM with my details.

Thanks again!

Jim