1. Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible.

Enjoy.

Dismiss Notice

Moss acquires VB's inventory

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by mike_also, Nov 21, 2020.

1. mike_also

mike_also Gold Level Sponsor

It was announced 11/20/20 on the Victoria British and Moss Motors websites that they have entered an agreement for Moss to acquire VB's inventory.

2. MikeH

MikeH Platinum Level Sponsor

Guess they (Long Motor Corporation) will concentrate on LMC Truck

3. puff4

puff4 Gold Level Sponsor

The sad part is, despite VB being a not-so-great supplier overall (IMHO), they did have some things that no other vendors had, and some were of better quality/value than other folks were offering.

But the real issue is that they were a Sunbeam parts vendor... one of very few... Moss is NOT currently a Sunbeam parts vendor... will Moss simply liquidate the Sunbeam-specific parts and keep the MG/Austin Healey/Triumph part of their business, or will Moss finally expand into marketing Sunbeam/Rootes parts? (I suspect the former and doubt the latter.)

4. Aladin Sane

Aladin Sane Gold Level Sponsor

I bought a couple of items from VB, the glass for a drivers side window for one. They seemed to have the best prices for those windows.

5. rixter

rixter Platinum Level Sponsor

My hope is that they toss the VB Sunbeam parts that are crappy, keep the good, value priced stuff and expand from there. I do not know the background of why Moss didn't carry Sunbeam specific parts, but if they have a market for them, they just might. I think I will do my part by sending Moss a letter saying the Sunbeam community would appreciate the continued availability of those VB Sunbeam parts that were good.

Rick

puff4 likes this.