• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

More problems!

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
All of this said, I took the car out for a 20 min run into the countryside.
She ran at a temperature from 180/190 deg, 50/75lb oil pressure at about 50 to 65 MPH. At the end of the trip she ran up to 205 deg and then dropped down again to 185 deg.

I let the car sit ideling to see what she would run at and it held at about 170 to 175 deg.

I found that the overflow tank had about 3/4L in it now and the rad is still full.
The 50/50 coolant is still very clean and no air bubbles when running, she seems to be running very well!

I love driving this car!

Thanks for the help guys!

If this is what you see on a regular basis, it's perfect.

Nickodell

Donation Time
Andrew: it is normal for the coolant temperature to rise at the end of a trip. When you turn the engine off the residual heat in the cylinder walls will continue to heat the coolant in the water jacket, and as the water pump and fan are no longer turning the temp can rise 10 or 15 degrees for half an hour.

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Things are good!

Thanks a bunch guys!

I just had an afternoon run and these cars are great!
1) In the city running about 2200RPM, 170deg temp, 58lbs oil pressures.
2) Sitting at stop light about 1500RPM, 165deg temp, 45lbs oil pressure.
3) Run on hwy 60MPH 3800RPM, 178deg temp, 58lbs oil pressure.
4) Run on hwy 75MPH, 190deg temp, 60lbs oil pressure (with the heater core open).

I pushed her and she ran up to 200deg temp (with the heater core closed off).

The only thing I need to do now is set up my expansion tank the correct way as the system will only take on water and not allow it back into the system

What is the best way to do this? Should I tap into the coolant lines and connect the expansion tank this way? I think it is best to leave the overflow at the rad as is???

Regards,
Andrew