• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

More performance for Alpine Fastback?

H One-Twenty

Donation Time
Not my car. It looks just like mine though except for the wheels, mine are slightly different. My car is a 72, a year younger than the one in your pic.

H One-Twenty

Donation Time
This is my H120. It's all original (apart from the wheels) and still wears most of its original paint.

Attachments

• DSC03901wee5.jpg
    DSC03901wee5.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC03890w2.jpg
    DSC03890w2.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 22

alpine_64

Donation Time
With enough time, money, and effort, anything can be done. I saw a bug eyed Sprite with a 225 slant six in it. I wouldn´t have believed it if I hadn´t seen it with my own eyes. I have also seen pictures in Hot Rod, (I think it was), of a Bug Eyed Sprite with a Chrysler Hemi in it, so anything can be done.

Jose

there was an article long ago in a brit mag about a bugeye sprite from california (i think) known as the "fright".. had 3.8 litre jaguar power with triple DCOE.. you should have seen how snaked the headers were!

64beam

Donation Time
Hi,

I read an article in Retro Cars mag a while ago about an H120 and to boost his Hp, he used a NOS. It was a tricked up Holbay engine with the twin DCOE's and used a swtich on the throttle arm to trigger the NOS. I can't remember what Hp gain he got though.

Regards, Robin.

64beam

Donation Time

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Hi Robin
Some definitley nice machines.Also some great engineering and problem solving.
I would like to know how they can keep the engine compatrment cleaner than my kitchen sink even after I repolish the sink.
I guess mine have the miles and get driven pretty good and I always seem short of the time you need to dedicate to do so.I'd rather work on them instaed of cleaning them.

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Robin
Some definitley nice machines.Also some great engineering and problem solving.
I would like to know how they can keep the engine compatrment cleaner than my kitchen sink even after I repolish the sink.
I guess mine have the miles and get driven pretty good and I always seem short of the time you need to dedicate to do so.I'd rather work on them instaed of cleaning them.

Hi Chuck,

I think they very rarely get out in them, that is why they are so clean. I know what I would rather being doing and that isn't cleaning them. You have to enjoy them, not stand back and look ;) .

Regards, Robin.