• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Moonstone?????

john p

Donation Time
I just recedntly picked up a can of moonstone paint from dupont. They said that they could match the paint code for Sunbeam. My car's been painted too many times to find a color sample that's clear but the moonstone I got looks an aweful lot like pistacchio. Is moonstone suppose to have a greenish tint? I always thought that it was much more of a white. Any help would be appreciated.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Well, you know color is in the eye of the beholder, but I always thought Moonstone had a blue tint with some gray added for interest. Never noticed any green.

Bill

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Contact Jan Servaites on this board (JumpinJan). He painstakingly color matched almost all the colors used on our Alpines, and Moonstone was one of them. It most certainly does NOT have a greenish tint, but as Bill says is a combination of gray / white / blue. It's actually a pretty complex color but looks fantastic on a car with the scarlet interior.

burgy711

Donation Time
When you say "Dupont" who are you talking of? Is this a local paint dealer? Did you try to match paint through Tower Paint at 800-779-6520? If not call and talk with Chris....... she knows the Sunbeam (Chrysler) Colors. They mixed a can of Moonstone code 19 for me years ago and it's a white with a grey hue to it.

lemansvk

Donation Time
The story behind Moonstone is that Lord Rootes (don't know which one) had a white car that turned yellow with age. He hated this and demanded that a white colour be made that wouldn't. His minions developed a white with a small amount of added blue, which kind of turns grey with age.

Cheers, Vic

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
Did you try to match paint through Tower Paint at 800-779-6520? If not call and talk with Chris....... she knows the Sunbeam (Chrysler) Colors. They mixed a can of Moonstone code 19 for me years ago
I have "Master" paint chips (about 4" diameter) that the paint was matched correctly to high quality, original painted parts and ready to ship.
Please send a PM or email from this forum.
Jan