• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Money

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
How long does it usually take for donation checks to turn into "paid-up" avatars? And does that buy you capacity for more than 10 total private messages? Just wonderin'...

RootesRich

Donation Time
How long does it usually take for donation checks to turn into "paid-up" avatars? And does that buy you capacity for more than 10 total private messages? Just wonderin'...

Hi Ken,
Granted I am no longer Treasurer & Membership Director, but I can tell you from experience a Paypal donation changes the avatar almost immediately. An actual check can take a while since the webmaster has to be contacted, then login and manually change it. Only he has the ability/ knowledge how to do so. Even then, sometimes there are some oddities with the account that makes changing the avatars difficult and time consuming. I know of two donors who's avatars could never be changed no matter how many times it was manually attempted.

I also know the webmaster is a bit tied up at the moment with work outside the SAOCA so that might delay the change.

Like I said, I'm no longer an Officer, but that's the way it was when I stepped down last year. Hope this helps and as a former Officer, many thanks for your donation. It really helps keep the SAOCA going.

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi Ken, I don't change the avatars or any thing like that but I remember when you asked where to send a check, I've not heard from Charles about the receipt of your check, in any case if your do a membership packet it will be after the new ones are ready.
Again, thank you for your support and contributions to the forum,
Tom j

moonracer

Donation Time
when I sent my money it only took 4 days and it was up. I was a new member though. It might be differant for newbys.

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Membership

Hi Ken,

I reveived a note about you payment and membership and your avatar has been updates. Thank you for your support.

You should now see an update to you capacity as you are a Platinum member.

Regards,
Andrew Masse