• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Modern Tire size

Charles Johns

Donation Time
Warren, I have an e-mail into WheelSmiths now as well as US Wheel. Any other wheel makers addresses appreciated. By the way, I have a flip phone like Captain Kirk but just learned they will no longer allow them to stay in service. Beam me up Scotty.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I have heard Valley Wheel in the San Fernando valley will make a set and I think they also do wire wheels. I won't see my neighbor till Tuesday or later next week but I'll ask him.
He just built a set of custom steel wheels for his Toyota Land cruiser with the LS swap.
I understand that the valley wheel guy had a Tiger but it's been a couple of years since I met him at Woodley Park and I don't remember his name.

Charles Johns

Donation Time
Found 4 steel Ford 14" x 5" on 4.25" spacing with 4 1/8" backspace on-line. They are for Fox Mustangs, Fairmonts, T-Birds, and I think other mid-size Fords. At $41.00 each with free shipping they are in my shop. They are refurbished by checking trueness, rusting, welds, sandblasting, and painting. The 185 x 70R -14 Hankook tires will stay inside the fender even on the front. With a 24.2" height, 7.5" overall width on a 5" rim, a 5.6" tread width, and a 680AA rating, I think they will work fine. They have a 70,000 miles warranty and they are similar to what I ran on my 65 Mustang. I need to find small caps that look nice on painted 4 lug wheels. Baby moons will work as a last option and maybe beauty rings...which I have in stainless. I ordered a 165 x 65R - 14 spare for under $50.00 new and delivered, because it is only 6.5" wide on a 5" rim and should fit in the stock spare well. Bill was right about the 13" 180 x 70 -13's being too fat. I tried one in the spare well...no fit...7.25" wide. I priced a factory temporary spare at over $100.00 and more with shipping, so an El Cheapo made in Who-Knows-Where regular tire seemed a better deal...if it fits. On-line stats say it will. Shopping on-line sure is easy but gets EXPENSIVE! Next is building a TILT.

Charles Johns

Donation Time
260, my steel wheels measure over 9" at about 9.2o, 9.25" bump-to-bump as we once called it...do you know they will fit? If so...they are mine. Simple but more than a basic moon.