• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Missing OD and Tranny

skywords

Donation Time
Hello all
I purchased an OD and tranny on ebay from one of our members and he shipped it out UPS to me using my acct.
I recieved a call from UPS saying that the package contents are missing and the empty carton discarded. Why they would discard the carton is beyond me but thats what they said. The tracking system shows it arriving in Phoenix and I think that's where it went missing.

If anyone is contacted about purchasing a OD tranny pac from someone in Phoenix let me know please. It is used and looks it.

It is possible it will reappear as sometimes these things do. I know if there is any oil leakage from a package they kick it off in the corner I hope this is the case but I wanted to get the word out because crooks move fast.

Thanks

Pumpkin

Donation Time
missing?

Hello all
I purchased an OD and tranny on ebay from one of our members and he shipped it out UPS to me using my acct.
I recieved a call from UPS saying that the package contents are missing and the empty carton discarded. Why they would discard the carton is beyond me but thats what they said. The tracking system shows it arriving in Phoenix and I think that's where it went missing.

If anyone is contacted about purchasing a OD tranny pac from someone in Phoenix let me know please. It is used and looks it.

It is possible it will reappear as sometimes these things do. I know if there is any oil leakage from a package they kick it off in the corner I hope this is the case but I wanted to get the word out because crooks move fast.

Thanks

Rick, you have called the sender, you have called the transport, you have called the shipping office from the point of shipping. Get hold of all the dispatchers on the run and the trip reference numbers. Then see if you can see which driver lost it. It is most likely in a warehouse in a corner looking to get a ride . I would really wonder if a "crook " is lingering waiting for a old transmission to come through the line. Get the person that called you to send you the empty.... period. then good luck.
I always put anything like that on a pallet, then they cannot loose the unit from it..
Chuck

skywords

Donation Time
Chuck
I hope you are right. I am waiting for a call from the office at UPS that deals with these sort of things. I was not the shipper so I am not sure of how it was packaged.
I think you are giving the crooks to much credit. They will steal anything that looks of value. My office has been hit twice. Now the door looks like the door of Maxwell Smart's apartment. Locks and more locks. I had no problems till the city decided to have the prison inmates do the landscaping. And this is on a FAA secure airport/ go figure.

jmthehermit

Donation Time
missing

Hi Rick, although the tracking system says it arrived in Phoenix, was it the carton or the carton with the contents. All centers have a rewrap area where items that were damaged in shipping like torn shipping envelopes or packages that might have soiled by liquids are inspected, then handled accordingly. It was a mistake they disposed of the carton although a record should have been kept at the original shipping point as to what was originally shipped. A large heavy package like yours would have been carried closest to the door. UPS ships their own repair parts like engines and transmissions to their automotive repair departments this way. Your package might have been mistaken and rerouted inside the center to the repair area. Have a UPS rep check that out. If that is not the case, UPS has locations around the country where unclaimed, unidentified or damaged pieces that have had claims paid are gathered to await disposition. Our center sent their stuff to Harrisburg, PA. I would also prod the rep in that direction also. I hope this aids you in finding your parts. cheers, Jeff

S

Steve Kirk

I am the shipper. The tranny was taken to an actual UPS facility. They wrapped it in card and taped it all around. I doubt it could just fall out of the package without being noticed due to the size and weight.

I also could not see someone stealing it due to the size and weight plus how many UPS guys would know what this is? However there is some mindless morons out there.

Skywords I have sent you a PM

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
Steve, at least you had THEM wrap it and all. Not that it makes the situation any better but at least they have full responsibility.
Just sucks that it is one of the more "rare" parts, and not easily replaced.
Then again, maybe we could teach UPS a lesson and start shipping these to each other, letting them wrap them, with replacement or $2000.00 insurance on them.
Then when they come up missing we could by nice rebuilt units form the UK!

skywords

Donation Time
I have waited eons for a OD core to show up on e-bay. I was looking forward to opening it up and getting into the meat and potatoes of a rebuild. But now I will just wait and see if they find it. I gave the gal at the UPS damage department the item number so they can print a picture of what it looks like. I hope that works.