• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Missing brake calliper bolt

Hungrybunny_1

Donation Time
Today I went to leave and had an unusual knocking sound, checked it out and I’ve lost the bottom most bolt that holds the calliper in place. Would I be able to buy this from any bolt shop or would I need to find someone who has an extra?

Attachments

• 6DD1FF69-5F70-4561-B942-E883125FBE70.jpeg
    6DD1FF69-5F70-4561-B942-E883125FBE70.jpeg
    201.4 KB · Views: 28

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Bet sunalp (Steve Shuttleton) has what you need and he is in NY State

Hillman

Gold Level Sponsor
I think any bolt shop. My calipers are off and if you want I'll measure the bolt. My car is a SV but I think the caliper bolts are the same.

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
You should be able to pick up a grade 8 bolt at a local Nut & bolt store. It should be American fine thread, I would remove the one on the other side to match it up. length is the key, to long and it will hit the rotor, to short and it will not go in deep enough. You will want to check all of them anyways.

Hungrybunny_1

Donation Time
Thank you all! As directed I found the right bolt at a local supply store and am cutting it down to the right length,
Thanks for helping me get it back on the road,
Luke