• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Might find useful for wire wheels

mikephillips

Donation Time
Guys,
Seems XKs Unlimited is selling right now cones for balancing wire wheels, which could be useful since most shops no longer have them to properly balance wires.

The 42mm set, which will work for Alpines and most other LBCs is part 17-1065 and right now lists as $104.99
54mm for those who might have Jags or other larger cars, 17-1066 for $104.99
a combination set of both is 17-1067 for $139.99

Note that these are for occasional use and are a high strength plastic according to the description.

For any who might want a set to use all the time in a shop or such, steel can be had, part MS-386-305 for $429.99.

Just in case anyone is interested.

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
That's great! .... most tire store's are ill equipped for wire's if at all. In the San Fernando Valley .. if you google Pico wheel & tire it brings up 3 or 4 co.'s in the immediate area that do wires. I had some wheels done 30 years ago at one of them, not sure now which one it is and they were custom but not wires, investigate yourselves .... Thought I'd post it here where it's relevant .. I don't have wires myself but many do.

..... David

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
Guys,
Seems XKs Unlimited is selling right now cones for balancing wire wheels, which could be useful since most shops no longer have them to properly balance wires.

The 42mm set, which will work for Alpines and most other LBCs is part 17-1065 and right now lists as $104.99
54mm for those who might have Jags or other larger cars, 17-1066 for $104.99
a combination set of both is 17-1067 for $139.99

Note that these are for occasional use and are a high strength plastic according to the description.

For any who might want a set to use all the time in a shop or such, steel can be had, part MS-386-305 for $429.99.

Just in case anyone is interested.