• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Mid Ohio Racing.

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
My son took this picture at the vintage races at Mid Ohio race track on Saturday. Someone from the forum?

MikeSunbeam70.jpg

dla248

Gold Level Sponsor
Hi

Yes this is Dave Anderson and I have made it back to Mid Ohio. I ran SCCA Nationals in 1974/75 in a FP MG Midget at MidOhio. The good news is after 4 sessions I was almost back to my lap times of 40 years ago. Still lots of room to improve, its a fun track.

My car is Carl Christiansen's vintage racer, which may look the same but has been continually modified over the last 6-7 years. Just tried out a brake balance bar pedal assembly last weekend, but at MidOhio its more about speed than brakes.

This forum has been a big help, many thanks to all.

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
Dave,

Very cool. We enjoyed watching you race. It was a great event. Bet it's a blast to drive on that track!

Mike

mototron

Donation Time
what is your best time at Mid Ohio
I would like to race there for the Vintage event
Dented up my Fender at Thompson Raceway last week
and got put on Probation ,have to Race like a angel for 6 Months

Rocco

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Nice pic. Is it even lower now than when Carl ran it?

Hi

Yes this is Dave Anderson and I have made it back to Mid Ohio. I ran SCCA Nationals in 1974/75 in a FP MG Midget at MidOhio. The good news is after 4 sessions I was almost back to my lap times of 40 years ago. Still lots of room to improve, its a fun track.

My car is Carl Christiansen's vintage racer, which may look the same but has been continually modified over the last 6-7 years. Just tried out a brake balance bar pedal assembly last weekend, but at MidOhio its more about speed than brakes.

This forum has been a big help, many thanks to all.