• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

MG Club and ME!

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
My other local club (MG) is encouraging everyone to attend, not a British show but it is at a nut house, LOL
Not sure which car I will drive Sky or Sunbeam, but the weather is suppose to be wonderful! Band is great in fact I know this group they were pals of my late husband.

Oct 24, 2009
Route 66 Pecan and Fun Fest Car Show
Hot Rods and Classics
At the Historic Nut House
3 miles east of the Blue Whale on Route 66
Take a right soon after crossing the bridge
Free Event Shirt with Entry
Early Entry $20
After Oct 14, $25
Car Show Runs 10am-5pm
Oldies by Dale
Sock Hop Featuring
Mid Life Crisis at 8pm
918-226-1604
66nuts@gmail.com

Alpineracer8

Donation Time
Donna:

I am very familiar with the band "Midlife Crysis." Their bassist is a big wheel at the OU School of Music. In fact, he may be the Dean...don't quote me on that, though. They play as a warmup band to "1964, the Tribute" whenever they come to Norman and the OU Catlett Music Center. If you don't know, "1964..." is a fantastic Beatles-tribute band that is a must see. I know that they play the Brady Theater in Tulsa every year. Go see them if you haven't already.

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
The other guitarest

John Dougherty was a good friend of my late Husband Bruce, when we had the pawn shop he would come in and tune all the guitars for Bruce. John is a pharmaceutical rep aka drug dealer, LOL They do play a lot of Beatles songs the drummer used to cut his hair like Sr. Paul.

Donna
:D

Alpineracer8

Donation Time
The name "John Dougherty" didn't ring a bell so I looked the band up on the Internet. Sure enough, there is more than one band with that name. The one that I was talking about is based out of OKC and spells their name "Midlife Crysis." So, we're talking about two different bands here. Sorry to lead you down the wrong path...

Later,

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Tulsa Band!

Well shoot I was feeling puny last night and then this morning, just sore throat congestion but with work passing around swine flu I felt that I needed to take it easy and not sit in the cold air all morning. Jim and I did go on over in the afternoon and visit the car show. I never ran a fever so whatever I have can not be too bad, was nice to be out in the warm sunshine. A lot of classic car owners had the same ideal not to many at the car show, was a great set up they had crafts and fair food. We left at 4pm and I did not see the band not sure if they were sitting up or not? What was even more interesting was saw dozens of classic cars out just driving around, and passed the Porsche club out on a drive, all lined up!
Tulsa is in the height of fall foliage, the trees are just alive with color!

Donna
:D