• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Messy engine compartment

Kristian Jonsson

Donation Time
Why does it have to look so messy around the engine in an Alpine. Electrical wires in all directions, rubber hoses all over and around the engine?

nsbluenose

Silver Level Sponsor
That’s the nature of the beast! It would be nice to tidy it up as there does seem to be many hoses running this way and that.

ernestovumbles

Gold Level Sponsor
I guess it never bothered me enough to feel the need to do anything about it..

49856636921_42fbab608c_b.jpg

ernestovumbles

Gold Level Sponsor
First time I've seen the VB aftermarket booster mounted on the other side.

The guy before me had this done.. It has been odd because the brake boost would change while braking, I guess depending on vacuum. So either you are too much or too little effort and constantly modulating the pedal during a stop.
The boost either has reduced over the past couple years or I have just gotten used to it.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Why does it have to look so messy around the engine in an Alpine. Electrical wires in all directions, rubber hoses all over and around the engine?
Depends what series.. But you can repath and clean up. SV had the most plumbing.

A carb and linkage change can tidy it a bit ;)

index.php
[/URL] [/IMG]