• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Mechanical Brake Light Kits

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Bill,
Have you ever had one of these wear out? I would think they would last a long time.

No, had a couple of switch failures, but I believe they were the cheap switches with steel contacts. They pulled apart while disconnecting the wires. I expect these to last nearly forever when used in the typical Alpine.

Bill

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
OK. I think I remember how to write a check. But I might have to wait until my wife comes home so she can help.

fordlandia

Donation Time
PayPal Payments

Bill,

Anyone with a PayPal account can receive payments from others who have accounts.

When you get an order, you can send a "request for payment" or an "invoice." Go to the first page of your account info, and look under "Selling Tools." Click on that and select "manage Invoices."

There, at the top you have a choice to "Request Money" or "Create and Invoice." Either one can be used to send the buyer an email with a link to pay on PayPal. All you need is the email address of the buyer.

Bill

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Sure. But I know that some of the ways I can do it will cost you money and others won't. Let me try just sending you $30 (I like the slimmed down painted version) and see what happens. I'll send you my new address in a separate email.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Well. Just checked my PayPal account and sure enough, there is thirty bucks there from Jim, who already had my addy. Better get a kit together.

Anybody else want to give it a try? This is fun.

Bill

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
I decided that while I was painting, might as well make it worth the mess. So I cut down six more brackets and fogged them. Here is Jim's. I would say it is worthy of Tiger, maybe even an Alpine, wouldn't you?

Bill

mamoose124

Gold Level Sponsor
Bill,

Do you have any more of these break light kits? I am interested but I am an electrical moron so would need some instructions about hooking the kit up.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Bill,

Do you have any more of these break light kits? I am interested but I am an electrical moron so would need some instructions about hooking the kit up.

Yes, I have several kits.

The electrical part of the hookup is as simple as pulling two wire connectors off the old switch and pushing the kit wire connectors into the connectors you pulled off. If someone has a photo of the finished job, maybe they will post it. I never took a pic of the completed connection and no longer have a car with the stock harness.

Send me a PM with you mailing address, which kit you want (slimmed down and painted or regular) and I'll get you fixed up.

On second thought, I think I have still have an old wiring harness laying around. I can do a mock wiring job and photograph it. Give me a day or so.

Bill

mamoose124

Gold Level Sponsor
Brake Light Kit

Yes, I have several kits.

The electrical part of the hookup is as simple as pulling two wire connectors off the old switch and pushing the kit wire connectors into the connectors you pulled off. If someone has a photo of the finished job, maybe they will post it. I never took a pic of the completed connection and no longer have a car with the stock harness.

Send me a PM with you mailing address, which kit you want (slimmed down and painted or regular) and I'll get you fixed up.

On second thought, I think I have still have an old wiring harness laying around. I can do a mock wiring job and photograph it. Give me a day or so.

Bill

Thanks Bill for the quick reply and information. I'll send you a PM.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor

Bill

Well scratch that idea. The harness is gone. It was one of those things that was not good enough to use and too good to throw away. It looks like the need for storage space finally tipped it into the "Need the space more than the harness" category.

Bill

mamoose124

Gold Level Sponsor
No problem, Bill. While I classify myself as an electrical moron, I can hook a couple of wires together. In my youth, I once changed my house electrical hookup from 100 amp to 200 amp service.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
No problem, Bill. While I classify myself as an electrical moron, I can hook a couple of wires together. In my youth, I once changed my house electrical hookup from 100 amp to 200 amp service.

Oh yeah, you won't have a problem. This is simple enough that anyone confident enough in their electrical ability to change a light bulb can install this kit. I think that perhaps the hardest part is fishing the wires through the firewall.

Thanks for buying a kit.

Bill

mamoose124

Gold Level Sponsor
So, Bill, you have been on this Forum for a long time. I have a question for you: What do the small icons next to the SAOCA donation level icon signify (i.e., 1 gear, 2 gears, 3 gears, 4 gears, and overdrive) and what principal dictates which icon is posted by each members name?

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
The icon is related to the number of posts. I have no knowledge about the cut points. Your already at 3rd gear, so I'd imagine Overdrive starts at about 200.

{edit} Looking at some other Icons, you should scratch that response. Maybe its related to the number of threads started.

Bill

Last edited:

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Old I know, but do you still sell these?

Yes, but have to increase the price to $27 to cover the increase in postage. Cash, check or PayPal.

If you want one, contact me by PM or email (weblue at comcast dot net).

Bill