• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Massive Sunbeam Hoard in Oregon

twautomotive

Silver Level Sponsor

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
The problem with buying such a hoard of parts that have been improperly stored is that the stuff folks often need most is usually the first to decay. What is often left is bits folks don’t usually need, like badly pitted bits of chrome, tops of fenders, etc.. Sad, but true.

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
Good news it is one of the driest places in Oregon (8.8 inches of annual rainfall). And it is only 368 miles from my home. It would be interesting to see photos of all of the parts.

Now, if I didn't already have about 15 Sunbeams worth of parts??? Mmmm???

Last edited:

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
Seems like Tiger original parts would be worth substantially more than original Alpine parts. From the ad comments (appears to be the seller):

“There are 12-Alpines and 7-have Title paper work (Bills of Sale from the Oregon Circuit Court, Power of attorneys, Death Certificate etc.). there are 3-Tigers and 2-have same title paper work from the Oregon State Circuit Court. Two Tigers are listed in The “Book Of Norman” Registry and Both have Complete Running gear, 5-bolt 260 engines, top loader close ratio 4-speed trans, Rear ends including: Fan shroud, Air cleaner, V8 Gauges, Shifter, Burp Tank, Shifters, Remote Oil Filter, etc. etc."

Scotty

Silver Level Sponsor
Seller needs to take a day out of their life, do a light cleaning/sorting and actually photograph everything.

The Alpines could be in far better condition than they look but I wouldn't know that and you're selling it, don't leave any potential buyers in the proverbial rain like these cars.

Got three Tigers? Show me and in what condition they're in. Don't expect the buyer to zoom in on pics and guess, that's why no one's bit yet.

Plus the Titles are going to be an absolute PITA depending on what state you're in, especially if any of those Tigers are part of the 5 without title.

Comes off kinda sketch.

Last edited:

Pete S.

Bronze Level Sponsor
Seller needs to take a day out of their life, do a light cleaning/sorting and actually photograph everything. The Alpines could be in far better condition than they look but I wouldn't know that and you're selling it, don't leave any potential buyers in the proverbial rain like these cars. Got three Tigers? Show me and in what condition they're in. Don't expect the buyer to zoom in on pics and guess, that's why no one's bit yet. Plus the Titles are going to be an absolute PITA depending on what state you're in, especially if any of those Tigers are part of the 5 without title. Comes off kinda sketch.
I had the same feeling - like he doesn't seem to know much about his hoard. It wouldn't surprise me if we learn that he photographed a random find and is looking to scam someone.

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
This lot has popped up a few times over the past 3+ years and apparently remains unsold. I agree that the owner should present the hoard much better, especially if he expects to unload all 15 cars at once.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
There’s another cache in Oregon I came across at a gun show, then on google maps. Three cars two probably restorable, 3 pallets of nos parts. I call every few months to see if he’s willing to sell the parts. His son is not a car guy so I want to get in before the recycler does..

Attachments

• IMG_5695.jpeg
    IMG_5695.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_5693.jpeg
    IMG_5693.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_5690.jpeg
    IMG_5690.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
All of the above seems to be true. The really good news is that it does not appear to be a collection of rust.
Bill