• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Massive Parts Stash in Buffalo

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I have been contacted by a guy in Buffalo NY who has just taken ownership of a massive stash of Alpine and Tiger parts. "Massive" as in he filled up his Suburban 4 times and still needed a small trailer to get everything. He has engines, transmissions, sheet metal, trim, etc. He isn't a Sunbeam guy and isn't sure what to do with everything, nor is he sure of the value of what he now owns. He has told me several times that he wants to get the "collection back out into the hands of people that can use it", although I know he isn't interested in giving things away. I have told him he has two basic choices: 1) if he wants to maximize his profit, he can start selling things on ebay, on various forums and at events. Based on what I have seen, that will take him years. Or, 2) he can try to sell everything as a lot (or perhaps several smaller lots) for a reasonable price to someone who will then sell the individual parts to the community. He's considering his option, but if anyone here wants to explore buying the lot, he is very interested in talking. Shoot me a PM and I will put you in touch with him and share more of the dozens of photos he has sent me. Here are a few to give you some idea of what he has.

image3.jpegimage1.jpegimage3.jpegimage1.jpegimage2.jpegimage1.jpegimage1.jpeg

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Looks like some pretty valuable stuff is in that mix. The Girling booster cores would be good to rebuild... the kits are still available, but the boosters sure aren't.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
The only real valuable thing that'll post somewhat cheaply is the motor hangers. Now were the top loaders replaced with 5 speeds in cars or wrecks...

I have a couple of 5" and , 7" booster's I'll never use. As for the motor hangers there's repops available.