• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Mark Your Calendar!!

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
The 2016 Invasion will be held June 2-5 in Greensburg, Indiana. But there are a couple of loose ends that need to be worked out pretty quickly.

First of all, what shall we call it? Invasion XV never happened and there was no official substitute. I feel it would be dishonest to call the next one Invasion XVI. I think it should either be Invasion XV or Invasion 2016, maybe written XX-VI and called Twenty Sixteen. Any thoughts/opinions?

Second, I've been toying with the idea of having a portable dyno available on Saturday. The guy's "thing" is to go to car shows and offer three pulls for $60. I think he would allow minor tuning efforts between runs. It is an 1100 horsepower unit, so the V6's (and Tigers) can run without danger of burning the thing up.

I need some indication of interest before going any further with this idea as it means that a major portion of the day's activities would have to be arranged around this event. Perhaps even a money guarantee from the Club. Also, finding a good location for the dyno could be a problem. So the sooner the better. I don't care if the feedback is "Hell Yes" or "No Friggin way" I just need to know interest.

Bill

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
Invasion XVI

Firstly, much thanks to Bill and Barb for volunteering to be next year's Invasion hosts.

i think we should leave the title as Invasion XVI, as it keeps the synchronization with the actual year. We skipped numbers before, for example we skipped the "Invasion IX" name and jumped from Invasion IIX (2008) to Invasion X (2010) with SUNI occurring during 2009. We had hoped to do Invasion XV but it didn't make it, so let's just leave it as that.

Looking forward to Greensburg!

Also, anyone interested in helping out please speak up. I'm sure the help will be welcome.

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
HEYYY!

Just noticed the new Invasion logo. Whoever did it, many thanks, I Love it!

Bill

I stole the logo from the Greensburg city website for now. We'll see if we can get a better one created by someone that really knows what they're doing.

That tree coming out of the top of the tower is wacky.

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
The Dyno Sounds like a great idea. A little too far for us west coasters but look forward to the pictures!

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Looks like the dyno has gone from pie-in-the-sky to a definite maybe. Contacted the dyno guy, he needs a guarantee of ten customers, which the club can guarantee. Talked to the Greensburg Tourism rep, she said the City/County would cooperate by supplying the space and electricity hookup. No problem.

So it looks like the dyno will be setup in the Courthouse parking lot while we supply the good citizens of downtown Greensburg with a "Furrin" car show. There is a local car club, which opens up the possibility they will Invade us! It would be American Iron. This IS Indiana, you know. Also, there are good restaurants and unique shopping on the Courthouse Square.

We are finding a lot of opportunity in Greensburg.

Bill

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Great! I'm sure we'll get at least 10, seems like Greensburg is excited to have us.
Thanks for your efforts Bill and Barb

Stephen

Silver Level Sponsor
Just noticed the Crawfish Festival I go to every year in NJ is the same date.

Thanks to everyone who helped make this year's fest a memorable one.
Bravo to our guests, muscians, staff, security, police, FTVFD, vendors and sponsors.
It really was a team effort.
I am taking a few days off and already wondering how we will top this.
Save the 2016 Dates, June 3-5, 2016. Thanks for the support

Shannon Boal

Platinum Level Sponsor
Putting In For The Time Off...

Debbie and I are preparing for the Greenburg Invasion! New paint, working on new interior, need to be ready for a dynamometer run. And, the clutch has been leak-free for a year now!

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
great news, you'll be coming through Ga, we've got a few cars that will be heading that way maybe you'll want to meet up and caravan with us.

tom j

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Shannon, great to see you and your Lovely are going to make it. It is great to see friendly familiar faces from out the past at these get togethers and we appreciate the effort involved to attend at theses long distances. We have to make it worth the time spent getting here.

Here is a link for the dyno guy.
http://www.mymobiledyno.com/

Time to start firming up the schedule. Will be posting as things come together. It looks like one day of the Invasion will have to centered around the dyno if it will be anything other than a curiosity. Hmmm. Interesting.

Bill

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Dyno cancelled

I'm pulling the plug on the dyno. Some guys showed support, but only two definite "Yes" responses. To complicate matters, the dyno operator just informed me the dyno is rented out for the winter and the return date is uncertain. He offered to help work out a solution but the bottom line:

Not worth it for the limited interest.

Bill

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
darn! I thought this would be a very desirable opportunity for all the gear heads among us. Too bad, Bill. thanks for trying. Pete

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Well darn, I thought that was a really fun idea, see folks you can't wait till the last minute then expect to have everything you want, good events take good planning, good planning takes commitment

Tom j