• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Mahle Kolben pistons brand new NOS

Donaldvieira

Donation Time
Hello everyone, I am new to the board but do not own the very cool Sunbeam car unfortunately. SO I recently bought a small lot of pistons/bearings/crankshafts from a retired machinist. One of the piston sets is a new/NOS set of 4 pistons/rings:
Mahle Kolben
Hillman
they are 68.3mm diameter (+ 0.030)
I cannot read the number well but it looks like H17114.030 ?
Then there is a stamped number 071 14 0.2

I got on this site to make sure they can be sold directly to Alpine owner.
Not even sure if they are even desired or not.

Thank you,
Donald Vieira (Stockton, CA/USA)

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
68.3mm diameter (+ 0.030)
Welcome to forum,

I'm thinking those are pistons for one of the Hillman/Sunbeam Imp engines. It's a different design engine with a smaller bore diameter than the Series Alpine and Hillman engines. Approximately 2.69 inches (+0.030) as compared to the "series' engines with 3.00 up to 3.21 inch standard bores.

There is a market most likely, vintage racing or other car owner.

Hope this is helpful,

Donaldvieira

Donation Time
Welcome to forum,

I'm thinking those are pistons for one of the Hillman/Sunbeam Imp engines. It's a different design engine with a smaller bore diameter than the Series Alpine and Hillman engines. Approximately 2.69 inches (+0.030) as compared to the "series' engines with 3.00 up to 3.21 inch standard bores.

There is a market most likely, vintage racing or other car owner.

Hope this is helpful,
Very helpful. Wanting them to go to a good home. Thank you. Don

Donaldvieira

Donation Time
Couple pics to make sure they are correct. Thanks

Attachments

• Mahle piston top.jpg
    Mahle piston top.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
  • Mahle piston box.jpg
    Mahle piston box.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18