• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Luggage rack?

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
Got the first sample and we are on the right track but a couple changes we are going to make:
* The current mix is slightly harder than the original, so he will soften it up.
* It is a little too pure white compared to the original off white cream color. So he will tint it a little.

Other than that, not too bad!!

DSC01868.jpg

alpine_64

Donation Time
Paul,

Is it possible that like many of the plastics/rubbers of the period that the feet had yellowed over time? They may have been a purer white to start with?

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
Hey Paul, If you can have a sample made in forest green and send to me for inspection, I'll tell you why people pay more for stuff on e-bay! :D

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
The base for this product is "clear" and can be colored to any color you wish. Another sample was mailed to me yesterday so I am awaiting arrival. It's a touch softer and tinted just a pinch. I'll probably go with it and stop torturing this guy!

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
More Luggage Questions

I just bought an ole rusty Series II and one of the things that came along with it was this luggage rack. It appears to be the one in the Sunbeam Accessories brochure. I love the fact that it does not have to have holes drilled on top of the boot. Can anyone confirm that this is actually the correct one or just a neat one?

Cheers,

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
I just took it off the car and it is pretty cool. The "feat" that slide under the trunk hinges are the shape of the trunk hinge bottoms and they have slots in them to hook around the hinge bolts. I have never seen one of these on a Sunbeam. Either they are rare or everyone thinks they are ugly! lol Maybe both! I like the idea on having one when you need it without drilling holes!

Cheers,